Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting counting no of argumnts passed to a function Post 302197370 by aju_kup on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 12:36:51 AM
Old 05-21-2008
u can use $# to get the number of arguments and then u can for loop to iterate the arguments

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable passed to awk

Anybody know what's wrong with this syntax? awk -v job="$job" 'BEGIN { FS="|"} {print $1,$2," ",$4," ",$3\n,$5,"\n"}' list It's keeping give me this message: awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 It seems awk has problem with my BEGIN command. Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable passed to awk

Does anybody know how to print a variable passed to awk command? awk -F"|" 'BEGIN {print $job,"\n","Question \n"} {print $1,$2$4," ",$3}' "job=$job1" file1 I am trying to pass job the variable job1. the output is blank. ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read values that are passed to the shell function in ksh.

In ksh shell, There is a function f1. function f1 { How to read here?? .... .... } I am passing values to fuunction f1 as f1 "A" "B" Please tell me how to read the passed values in function f1. Advance Thanks & Regards Prashant (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

count no of arguments passed to a function

hi i have a function abc { //from this function i am passing args to antoher function like def a b c j k l } now i want to count the no of args coming to def() function and iterate over those values is there any way to do this one please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Function not called when no arguments is passed

Hi Guys, I am trying to pass arguments to the script i am wrinting. When no argument is passed or wrong argument is passed, the script needs to output the way it needs to be called and exit. Currently, when no arguments is passed, it is not getting exited but goes on assuming those... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In the sh file variable is not being passed on.

I am having difficulties with the fllowing script: !/bin/sh voicemaildir=/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/$1/$2/INBOX/ echo `date` ':' $voicemaildir >> /var/log/voicemail-notify.log for audiofile in `ls $voicemaildir/*.wav`; do transcriptfile=${audiofile/wav/transcript} ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable passed as argument

I have a script. #!/bin/sh cur_$1_modify_time=Hello echo "cur_$1_modify_time" When I run like sh /root/script1 jj I expect value "Hello" being assigned to variable "cur_jj_modify_time" and output being "Hello" ie echoing $cur_jj_modify_time But the output comes as # sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable not being passed

In the bash below the variable date displays in the echo. However when I use it in the for loop it does not. Basically, the user inputs a date then that date is converted to the desired format of (month-day-year, no leading 0). That input is used in the for loop to return every file that matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function, based on agrument passed.

Dears, #!/bin/bash func1() { echo "func1" } func2() { echo "func2" } func3() { echo "func3" } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
semanage_iterate(3)					   Libsemanage API documentation				       semanage_iterate(3)

NAME
semanage_iterate - SELinux Management API SYNOPSIS
The following iterate function is supported for any semanage record. Replace the function and object name as necessary. extern int ITERATE_FUNCTION ( semanage_handle_t *handle, int (*handler) ( const semanage_OBJECT_t *object, void *varg), void *handler_arg); DESCRIPTION
Behavior: The iterate function will execute the specified handler over all objects in the selected location. An arbitrary argument can be passed into the handler function along with each object. The object passed in is property of the libsemanage library, and may not be modified or preserved - use semanage_OBJECT_clone if that is necessary. The handler code may not invoke any semanage write requests for the same object type (i.e. modifying the underlying store is not allowed). The iterate function is reentrant only while inside a transaction (see semanage_begin_transaction ). It is not safe to execute other semanage read or write requests within iterate if not inside a transaction. The handler may return -1 to signal error exit, 0 to signal continue, and 1 to signal successful exit early (the iterate function will stop accordingly). Parameters: The handle is used to track persistent state across semanage calls, and for error reporting. The handler is the function to execute, with handler_arg as its second parameter, and each object as its first parameter. Requirements: This function requires an semanage connection to be established (see semanage_connect(3) ) RETURN VALUE
In case of failure, -1 is returned, and the semanage error callback is invoked, describing the error. Otherwise a non-negative integer is returned (a commit number). The same number will be returned by all other semanage object read calls until the next commit. SEE ALSO
semanage_handle_create(3), semanage_connect(3), ivg2@cornell.edu 15 March 2006 semanage_iterate(3)