Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lay person needs perl help solving error message Post 302197332 by tex on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 08:48:57 PM
Old 05-20-2008
Perderabo, Thank you ... I am sorry I didn't go by the rules.
I have a spinal cord injury and makes for very hard reading as well as typing. I know them now and will not do that again.

Tex

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solving the network collisions in Unix box

Hi, Anyone can u give me an idea to clear the network collisions in the unix box(Solaris and Linux)? NIC performance is very low, and it shows collisions, when issuing the command ifconfig -a in the production server. How can i rectify the network collisions in the box. Using netstat and lsof... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A little help using grep for anagram solving with BASH

Hi guys, I have been making a simple script for looking for anagram solutions in a word list (a file of 22k or so words). At the moment it funtions like so: User enters an 8 character string (whatever letters you want to find anagrams of, or solve rather) The script moves all the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donthommo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating logs in Perl without message loss

(I'm aware log rotation is a common subject, but I tried searching and couldn't find an answer) For some time now, I've been using the Logfile::Rotate module to rotate logs in a log-monitoring script. So far, I haven't experienced any problems, and it works great because I can use it in Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w1r3d
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Capture system call error message.

Hi, I googled a bit, but could not find the answer to my problem. But I am sure it is a common issue. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; sub remsh_test() { my $host = $_; printf "\n----\n\n"; printf "remsh to $host with system call\n"; my $result = system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script with rsh gets stty invalid message

I have a Perl script, that does a system call with rsh to a remote machine. #!/usr/bin/env perl system ("rsh remote-machine echo 99"); And I get the following: stty: standard input: Invalid argument 99 I've tried replacing the system call with below, but I still get the same stty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slchin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a message in file without opening it in perl

Hello friends, i have a perl script as below ... for (0 ..$#values) { ##want to print some message here in Report.txt file print `find /abc/xyz/pqr/$values" -type f -ls` >> Report.txt } I am able to get output of print `find /abc/xyz/pqr/$values" -type f -ls` >> Report.txt in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in solving to obtain desired print output using awk or perl or any commands, Please help!!

I have an file which have data in lines as follows ad, findline=24,an=54,ab=34,av=64,ab=7989,ab65=34,aj=323,ay=34,au=545,ad=5545 ab,abc,an10=23,an2=24,an31=32,findline=00,an33=23,an32=26,an40=45,ac23=5,ac=87,al=76,ad=26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepKrish
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for solving the math question

Can such Puzzle solve through UNIX script? if yes, what could be the code? This has been solve in C language. we were trying to solve this through shell but could not because of not able to pass 1st argument with multiple value. we are not expert in unix scripting. Below is the puzzle John is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
       dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker

SYNOPSIS
       dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files.

The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or
       perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}.

dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules.

OPTIONS
       -d  In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make
	   dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base
	   system.

Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left
	   out, unless a versioned dependency is needed.

-V  By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current
	   version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified.

library dirs
	   If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names
	   on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default.

CONFORMS TO
       Debian policy, version 3.8.3

Perl policy, version 1.20

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10								DH_PERL(1)