Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cmd to find CPU utiliz of a process in AIX Post 302197167 by aju_kup on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 09:40:18 AM
Old 05-20-2008
try using top command. it works on SunOS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find which process is using up too much CPU

Hi, I need to find which processes are hogging the cpu up. please advise. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. AIX

Find CPU per process in AIX

Hi. I am looking for a command that will return me the amount of CPU used by a specific process in AIX environment. I know there is TOPAS - but it is interactive and I need to get this information from system that connects remotely via SSH. Using writing to files and than reading them is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

4. Programming

C++ application: how to access AIX process and cpu information?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to access process and cpu info on AIX?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process

Hi, By using time command we can determine the execution time of a process or command. bash-2.04$ time ls -l total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file2 real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.001s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to find what process is using a port in AIX 5L and above.

There have been a lot of threads about how to find processes that are using a specific port on an AIX server. After long hours of research and reading countless "you can't do that" responses, I finally found the answer. YES IT CAN BE DONE! YES ITS EASY. NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE GETS THIS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

8. AIX

Aix process CPU differences.

Hi, I'm trying to create a script to catch a process which is consuming high CPU which I have pretty much done but it's just finding the correct place to pull the current CPU for that process. When viewed in Topas it's consuming 99.*% cpu But if I try using ps avg or ps -eo pcpu ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpu utilization by a process has to be mailed if more than 5% on AIX

i am using the below command in order to find the cpu utilization by a user..now i want to mail if the cpu utilization goes beyond 5%....can someone please help me ? ps auxw | sort -r +2 | awk '{ print $3,$1 }' | head -6 | egrep "USER|#anonymous#" %CPU USER 2.0 anonymous Regards,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arorap
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)