Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unique sort contents of a variable Post 302197075 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 06:53:30 AM
Old 05-20-2008
You can try something like:

Code:
new_var=$(echo "$var"|tr " " "\n"|sort|uniq|tr "\n" " ")

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Unique in Perl

Hi, May I know, if a pipe separated File is large, what is the best method to calculate the unique row count of 3rd column and get a list of unique value of the 3rdcolum? Thanks in advance! (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What some ideas with sort and get unique data

Hi all, I am writing a script where i can parse through the directory and get common string in two directories i get. The command below SUN_PLATFORM=`$FIND $STREAM_PATH . -depth -name ShareableEntities | $AWK -F"/" '{if($10 ~ /sun5/) print $0}'` gives the following output:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asirohi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk sort and unique

Input file --------- 12:name1:|host1|host1|host2|host1 13:name2:|host1|host1|host2|host3 14:name3: ...... Required output --------------- 12:name1:host1(2)|host1(1) 13:name2:host1(2)|host2(1)|host3(1) 14:name3: where (x) - Count how many times field appears in last column ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique sort with two fields

I have a file with contents below 123,502 123,506 123,702 234,101 235,104 456,104 456,100 i want to sort such that i get a unique value in column A, and for those with multiple value in A, i want the lowest value in B. output should be 123,502 234,101 235,104 456,100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique sort with three fields

I have another file with three columns A,B,C as below 123,1,502 123,2,506 123,3,702 234,4,101 235,5,104 456,6,104 456,7,100 i want to sort such that i get a unique value in column A, and for those with multiple value in A, i want the lowest value in C. output should be Code:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort split merge -u unique

Hi, this is about sorting a very large file (like 10 gb) to keep lines with unique entries across SOME of the columns. The line originally looked like this: sort -u -k2,2 -k3,3n -k4,4n -k5,5n -k6,6n file_unsorted > file_sorted please note the -u flag. The problem is that this single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbr950
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort unique by multiple fields

i need to sort to get all the unique records based on the 1st and 2nd column, and keep the record with the highest value on 5th column if there are duplicates, every column with varies length a^2^x^y^z bxc^2xx2^aa^bvxxxx^cdd a^3^1^2^3 a^2^x^1^c I want a result which will only keep the 1st... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort unique

Hi, I have an input file that I have sorted in a previous stage by $1 and $4. I now need something that will take the first record from each group of data based on the key being $1 Input file 1000AAA|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA 1000AAA|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"2"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)