Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create a TCP/IP Connection
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a TCP/IP Connection Post 302196662 by era on Monday 19th of May 2008 06:35:05 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Add $! to the error message to find out why it's dying. Also check your spelling of "localhost".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP/IP Connection getting slower...

Hi, We have developed a server program using TCP/IP Communication to communicate with another client program. After running for some days we find the TCP/IP connection from the server program is getting slower. What i mean to say is since the send() function in the server program (it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_puru
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about TCP connection

Hi Experts, need help about release or refresh TCP Connection: i have the sample like below : application log connection: 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36053) 00919 2007/05/10 23:30:25 112 13 2007/05/10 23:30:25 1969/12/31 17:00:00 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36054) 00920 2007/05/10 23:30:26 000 00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
3 Replies

4. Programming

close existing tcp connection in C

Hello. I would like to know how to close an existing tcp socket. I have read some stuff and learned how to create a socket and then close it but have not found anything about how to close an existing tcp socket created by another application. The situation is this: I have an ODBC server running and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to kill the TCP ESTABLISHED connection in netstat

Hello, Actually there are some bugs in application which does not close the TCP connection to other server though CORBA. We need to kill that ESTABLISHED connections as new connection are not happeneing as the allocated ports were used and showing as ESTABLISHED Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

false tcp connection

Why this happens? How to solve this? $netstat -na |grep 9325 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9325 127.0.0.1:9325 ESTABLISHED When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. Solaris

many tcp connection in close-wait

Hi, I use solaris Unix . I find there is some problem in application and it generate many "close-wait" tcp connect and stay in the server . it is generate by process id 7740 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l 285 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT 10.158.35.4.34805 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcdef
2 Replies

9. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp connection to Linux server fails

I am trying to send json messages to a port on a linux server from a remote server running a .net program. I have one implementation running with successful incoming messages to port 1514. I tried to replicate the same thing but just to another port but cannot get it to work as I get the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unienewbie
3 Replies
spell(1)						      General Commands Manual							  spell(1)

NAME
spell, hashmake, spellin, hashcheck - find spelling errors SYNOPSIS
local_file] [files] n spelling_list DESCRIPTION
The command collects words from the named files and looks them up in a spelling list. Words that neither occur among nor are derivable (by applying certain inflections, prefixes, and/or suffixes) from words in the spelling list are printed on the standard output. If no files are named, words are collected from the standard input. The command ignores most and eqn constructions. Options The command recognizes the following options: All words not literally in the spelling list are printed, and plausible derivations from the words in the spelling list are indicated. British spelling is checked. Besides preferring etc., this option insists upon in certain words, such as in Every plausible stem is printed with for each word. By default, follows chains of included files much like (see deroff(1)) which recognizes the intrinsics and the names of such included files begin with If the option is used, follows the chains of included files. With the option, ignores all chains of included files. If the option is used, words found in local_file are removed from output. local_file is the name of a user-provided file containing a sorted list of words, one per line. With this option, the user can specify a set of words that are correct spellings (in addition to spell's own spelling list) for each job. The spelling list is based on many sources, and while more haphazard than an ordinary dictionary, is also more effective with respect to proper names and popular technical words. Coverage of the specialized vocabularies of biology, medicine, and chemistry is light. Pertinent auxiliary files can be specified by name arguments, indicated below with their default settings (see FILES and VARIABLES). Copies of all output are accumulated in the history file. The stop list filters out misspellings (such as that would otherwise pass. Three routines help maintain and check the hash lists used by Reads a list of words from the standard input and writes the corresponding nine-digit hash code on the standard output. This program only accepts words that are up to 30 characters long. When words exceeding 30 characters are encountered, a diagnostic message is displayed on stan- dard error. Reads n hash codes from the standard input and writes a compressed spelling list on the standard output. Information about the hash coding is printed on standard error. Reads a compressed spelling_list and recreates the nine-digit hash codes for all the words in it; it writes these codes on the standard output. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables Your hashed spelling list (default is Spelling history (default is Your hashed stop list (default is Directory for temporary files; overrides the default EXAMPLES
To check spelling of a single word: If word is spelled correctly, a prompt is returned. If it is spelled incorrectly, word is printed before the prompt is returned. To check spelling of multiple words, they can also be typed as a group on the same command line: To create a personal spelling list that incorporates the words already present in the default American spelling list file To modify the default British spelling list file replace all occurrences of with in the above example. To add words to the default spelling list, change login to change the current working directory to and execute the commands listed in the above example. WARNINGS
The spelling list's coverage is uneven. When undertaking the use of as a new tool, it may be advisable to monitor the output for several months to gather local additions. Typically, these are kept in a separate local file that is added to the hashed spelling_list via as shown above. The British spelling feature was developed by an American. Start-up versions of files and are available in directory If these files or a suitable equivalent are not present in directory complains: The command is likely to be withdrawn from X/Open standards. Applications using this command might not be portable to other vendors' sys- tems. FILES
Hashed spelling lists, American and British. Hashed stop list. History file. Executable program file. SEE ALSO
deroff(1), sed(1), sort(1), tbl(1), tee(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
spell(1)