Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1) Post 302196603 by swapsawe on Monday 19th of May 2008 03:25:58 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Ensure Path Settings

Ensure that you have set your PATH variable(in MyComputer) to point to %CYGWIN_HOME%/bin

When you are planning to run the shell script, ensure, you have sh.exe present in your %CYGWIN_HOME%/bin. you can get this file from http://russell.vcharite.univ-mrs.fr/...ts4-cygwin.zip

HTH,

SwapSawe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip via bash startup script problems

i have two lines in my rc.local file that are wget -O/<path>/<file>.zip url://domain.com unzip -o /<path>/<file>.zip the wget works fine, but the unzip won't work. when i copy/pase the unzip line to the prompt it works fine. i thought that maybe the unzip was running before the wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: easysnowboards
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin bash script and read command

Hello everyone, I am struggling a bit with a batch script that I need to run in cygwin. I work in winXP and I had to write some awk scripts to do some file manipulation, and now I would like to automate the process by just running a batch file so that my colleagues can use it easily. Now, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash)

I have set up a bash script to run a long list of things that I need to time. I would like to redirect the output of time to a file. I have set it up like, echo "Runtimes for servlet 4, 100K structures" > test_times.txt echo "" >> test_times.txt echo "runs where N=10" >> test_times.txt echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple startup bash script in CentOS

Hi guys, I am very new to linux, so please bear with me. https://www.unix.com/./images/smilies/smile.png I need a simple script (bash / .sh) to start 2 programs at server startup. Both programs should run in a detached screen of their own. So basically: 1) start a detached screen with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lastcrafters
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash scripting in cygwin

Hi, I am trying to write a bash script, to open firefox and then open a local webpage in a tab. This is a shell of what I have #! /bin/sh alias firefox='/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe' $URL='/cygdrive/d/Playback.html' firefox & sleep 1 for i in 1 2 3 4 5 #6 7 8 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to downgrade cygwin to a part. version?

I'd like to compile gxemul under cygwin, Here a nice guy who ported the source code, but the prerequisites are needing the exact versions of the libraries https://github.com/fd00/yacp/tree/master/gxemul If I download the setup.exe from canonical cygwin web site, it automatically installs me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash on CygWin

I am using CygWin to run a bash file but I am getting weird results. #!/bin/bash mkdir CLEANDATA mv *FASTA CLEANDATA cd CLEANDATA ls echo "COMPLETE" And this is what I get $ ./Pipe.txt ./Pipe.txt: line 5: $'ls\r': command not found COMPLETE Moreover, the new folder is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script (tar + md) on Cygwin

Hi everybody, First, I'm sorry for my bad english! I have the following situation: I have a Windows 2012 R2 with Cygwin installed. The Windows Server is used as a backup Server with Dell AppAssure installed. At the moment, AppAssure saves Backup Targets to a repository on his D. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fibra3000
9 Replies
DISTRO-INFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						    DISTRO-INFO(1)

NAME
distro-info - provides information about the distributions' releases SYNOPSIS
distro-info [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
distro-info is a symlink to the distro-info command for your distribution. On Debian it links to debian-distro-info and on Ubuntu it links to ubuntu-distro-info. All options described in this manual page are available in all distro-info commands. All other options, which are not described here, are distribution specific. OPTIONS
--date=DATE date for calculating the version (default: today) -h, --help display help message and exit -a, --all list all known versions -d, --devel latest development version -s, --stable latest stable version --supported list of all supported stable versions --unsupported list of all unsupported stable versions -c, --codename print the codename (default) -r, --release print the release version -f, --fullname print the full name SEE ALSO
debian-distro-info(1), ubuntu-distro-info(1) AUTHOR
The script and this manual page was written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. distro-info January 2011 DISTRO-INFO(1)