Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recursive SFTP
Special Forums Cybersecurity Recursive SFTP Post 302196539 by divh18 on Monday 19th of May 2008 12:17:27 AM
Old 05-19-2008
I would make a tar
tar -cvf mydir.tar ./dir/

and preferably gzip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanTJ

we cannot transfer dirs (and files within that dir).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive FTP

I am trying to write a recursive FTP script and have come to a point where I need to test if the file is either a normal ascii file or a directory. My question is how do I test if the file is either ascii or directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslamg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive sorting

In the ls command, -t option and -R option dont work simultaneously. ls -t ---> lists the files with sorting based on file date ls -R ---> lists the files recursively. How to make utilize both in the same command.? I want to sort the recursive files listing.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive grep

Hello, First time post - I have no formal unix training and could use some help with this. I have a list of strings in File1 that I want to use to do a recursive search (grep) under a specific directory. Here is an example of the string I need to search: /directory/dire... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: upstate_boy
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Concatenation

Hi, I have a problem with concatenation text files. I have a directory, say 'foo' Inside this folder, I have many sub folders, say 'oof1, oof2 .... oof20' Each oof directory has a number of text files inside it. I need to concatenate all the text files in oof directories within foo...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kerensa@unsw.ed
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with wget recursive

I want to download every page on a particular website that has: "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=" as the beginning so any page that begins with that will be downloaded, so for example "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=summary&cat=1" and "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=detail&id=1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Programming

recursive function

Hello forum members, Please wirte a sample program for print the 1 - 100 and 100 -1 using recursive function. Thanks & regards Siva Rangnanath (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with recursive command

Hi, I need help with recursive function. This is not a part of any homework or classroom related. I am trying to learn unix and working on a question posted on site. basically i have to create a script which does what rm -r does. my code so far: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 function recursive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluebird13
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)