Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302196145 by blowtorch on Friday 16th of May 2008 07:50:58 PM
Old 05-16-2008
Hey sparcguy, I use Avast Free as well. And I have a reasonably old laptop - 1.6GHz Pentium M (no "Core"), 512MB RAM, Windows XP Home Edition.

While it does work well most of the time, I find that it also does slow things down a bit.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
pam_mount(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      pam_mount(8)

NAME
pam_mount -- Home Folder Mounting PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] function-class control-flag pam_mount [options] DESCRIPTION
The Home Folder Mounting PAM module supports the authentication and session management function classes. In terms of the function-class parameter, these are ``auth'' and ``session'' respectively. The Home Folder Mounting Authentication Module The Home Folder Mounting authentication module reads the mount authenticator from the PAM authentication context and caches it in the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module must be used in conjunction with this module to remove the authenticator from the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module The Home Folder Mounting session management module copies the mount authenticator from the PAM environment, removes it from the PAM environ- ment, and uses its copy to mount the user's home folder if the user's OpenDirectory record indicates that an AFP, SMB, NFS or FileVault home folder is to be used. When the session is closed, the Home Folder Mounting session management module unmounts the user's home folder if it was mounted by this mod- ule when the session was opened. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8), DirectoryService(8) BSD
February 7, 2009 BSD