Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if statment, based on retune value Post 302195945 by aju_kup on Friday 16th of May 2008 08:51:27 AM
Old 05-16-2008
Code:
return=$(coordinates)
if [ $return == Success ]
then
 some thing
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hwo do I print ' in an awk statment?

hi 2 all, I'm trying 2 print " ' " in an awk statement but the sign deosn't show. The only way I came with is 2 declare the ' as a variable and call that variable. I'm trying 2 do: awk '{printf("insert into ba_memo_01 values ('%s');",$1)}' and get the output: insert into ba_memo_01 values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraka
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with my awk statment?

I am looking to find something in the hour(in field $2) of 03:00:07 and 04:00:07 and 05:00:07 and must contain something in field 4... why doesn't below command work? I try to use grep .. but since I am running this in loop, it's best I use the awk .. can someone please advise.. I am pretty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Imitating DOS functionality: The Call Statment

In DOS you can call a section of code multiple times by using the Call Statment I.E. Call :Test1 :Test1 If My_Name = Yourname then My_name > Name.txt Can this be done in a Unix Script? (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadionne
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification for egrep statment

Can someone tell me what exactaly the following command is doing - pid_cmd="/usr/ucb/ps -axww | /usr/bin/egrep '${SUNMC2OSS_PATH}/SunMC2OSS\.jar.* sunmc2oss\.SunMC2OSS\$' | /usr/bin/egrep -v egrep | /usr/bin/nawk '{print \$1}'" Is the egrep is to check "sunmc2oss.SunMC2OSS" process inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneet1983
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Special characters (i.e. -,\,/) in an if statment

I need to validate the special characters of a date (the characters between the year and month & month and day). The data filed is being populated by users and read into the script vi an argument. I want to ensure that the date is a '-' (dash) and not a '/' or '\' (slash). The every thing I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelap
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

-F option and - V in a single awk statment

Please let me know if I can use -F option and - V in a single awk statment. I want to import some comma separated shell variables using -F option and defining some static variables inside awk using -v option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in a tcsh if statment

Hello everyone I was hoping someone could tell me whether I can use a wildcard inside an tcsh if statement. I am trying to test the argument the user has fed the script and whether it is a .txt file. The Ides behind it is the following if (`echo $1` != *.txt) then echo "wrong... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retune my script

Hi admin, I have two files which is on row and many columns ( both are identical), I need to add both the files with two columns and many row. I have opted the solution in the following way. awk '{ for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print $i;}}' tmp1 > tmp mv tmp tmp1 awk '{ for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sql statment in korn shell

I am fairly new to writing scripts, and have gotten a lot of help from this site in the past with many of the posts. I have a question/issue with a script I am attempting to write and have a question regarding executing an sql statement inside of a loop (do while). I have in the past written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josbor01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new line after 'continue' in if statment

Hello, im creating a csv file for email reporting on issues. my problem is that after 'continue' command in if statment in a loop the new paramter writing into the log doesnt take new line. timeout 4s zabbix_get -I $ZBX -p $PORT -s $IP -k "system.run" if ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
3 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)