Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Summary Explorer Output
Operating Systems Solaris Summary Explorer Output Post 302195499 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 15th of May 2008 08:08:57 AM
Old 05-15-2008
SUN can view your explorer output with there parsing tools. you have to do it by going to the output directory and reading the output of each command.
It is not as bad as it sounds. All system configuration information will under {Explorer_Output}/sysconfig directory while all disks related information will be in {Explorer_Output}/disks directory

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Summary Tools

Are there any system sumary tools for Linux? What are some good ones for Solaris and HP-Ux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vader
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to view explorer output in solaris

Hi, I want to run pkg something called SUNWexplorer and find the output. Where i can find the pkg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

summary line help

$ cat file a:12:56:12 b:23:12:23 d:32:24:12 c:90:12:24 required output: a:12:56:12 b:23:12:23 d:32:24:12 c:90:12:24 t:157:104:71 t line is the total line, which will be the last line in the output. Please help. I tried this: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwork72
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary using awk

Displaying information using awk Hey guys, i am using awk to display my information in a certain order. Database : Persia:42:John France:50:Mabel Persia:50:Rach Germany:60:JohnMy expected output is : ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare columns for equal values and output a summary

Hi all I am trying to scan a file that has 3 columns: red blue 123351 red blue 848655 red blue 126354 red blue 023158 black white 654896 red blue 650884 I want an output that sums the rows that have matching columns 1 and 2 :wall: red blue has 5 entries black white has 1 entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reno
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse diff output into very detailed & summary report

Hello all; I'll try an explain my dilemma as best I can. But first some background: 1- I am suppose to compare a database to itself before and after changes; basically generate audit trail report. 2- This database contains "RULES" (the id field) that we use for transmitting files. 3 - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Summary report

Hi All, Script to meet my requirement might be simpler for UINIX experts.. :) I need to generate an summary report in .txt file using shell script I have Reject directory in Unix server which contains all reject files for three diff categories- Presentation, Chapter and Scene Following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sakthikalluri
3 Replies
RECOVERDM(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RECOVERDM(1)

NAME
recoverdm - recover filesdisks with damaged sectors SYNOPSIS
recoverdm -t type -i filedevicein -o fileout [-l list] [-n retries] [-s speed] DESCRIPTION
recoverdm This program will help you recover disks with bad sectors. You can recover files as well complete devices. In case if finds sec- tors which simply cannot be recoverd, it writes an empty sector to the output file and continues. If you're recovering a CD or a DVD and the program cannot read the sector in "normal mode", then the program will try to read the sector in "RAW mode" (without error-checking etc.). This toolkit also has a utility called 'mergebad': mergebad merges multiple images into one. This can be useful when you have, for example, multiple CD's with the same data which are all damaged. In such case, you can then first use recoverdm to retrieve the data from the damaged CD's into image-files and then combine them into one image with mergebad. OPTIONS
-t type is 1 for files, 10 for floppy disks and 40 for IDE disks (try -h for a complete list) -i filedevicein is the device or file you want to recover. -o fileout is the file where to write to. This file should not already exists. -l list This file will contain the offsets of the bad blocks as well as the size of the bad blocks. This file can be used together with the image with the mergebad utility. -n retries Number of retries before going on with next sector, defaults to 6. -r RAW read Number of retries while reading in RAW mode before going on with next sector, default to 6. -s rotation speed Speed of the CD-ROMDVD, defaults to 1. -h Gives the help message. SEE ALSO
gddrescue(1), dd_rescue(1), testdisk(1), gpart(1) AUTHOR
Folkert van Heusden <flok@xs4all.nl>, Home page is <http://www.vanheusden.com/recoverdm/> recoverdm Version 0.19 RECOVERDM(1)