Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SNMP services
Operating Systems Solaris SNMP services Post 302195416 by rcmrulzz on Thursday 15th of May 2008 03:58:07 AM
Old 05-15-2008
SNMP services

I checked by running this command:

#svcs -a | grep -i snmp
# offline 17:16:02 svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default

also I checked with

# ps -eaf | grep snmp and got this
# root 528 1 0 17:16:19 ? 0:46 /usr/sfw/sbin/snmpd

What does this mean? The first result shows as offline and the second one seems to indicate that snmp is running? am new to solaris pls help Smilie

Thanks in advance...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SNMP Problem - SNMP not getting to the agent.

I am having a problem with an SNMP event, and I am not sure where I should be looking to solve this problem. Description: There is an SNMP event in our system that for one reason or another is not getting sent out as an email because it is never getting to our SNMP agent. I see where the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: broberts
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP traps to SNMP server

Dear Champs, I am new to unix, and need to configure linux server to send below traps to a SNMP server. Monitoring TRAP Disk Space Low Monitoring TRAP Memory Low Monitoring TRAP CPU high Monitoring TRAP Admin login/Logoff Please help me how to send this information to my SNMP server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavar
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies
SERVICES(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       SERVICES(5)

NAME
services -- service name data base DESCRIPTION
The services file contains information regarding the known services available in the DARPA Internet. For each service a single line should be present with the following information: official service name port number protocol name aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. The port number and protocol name are considered a single item; a ``/'' is used to separate the port and protocol (e.g. ``512/tcp''). A ``#'' indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Service names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. INTERACTION WITH DIRECTORY SERVICES
Processes generally find service records using one of the getservent(3) family of functions, or using getaddrinfo(3). On Mac OS X, these functions interact with the DirectoryService(8) daemon, which reads the /etc/services file as well as searching other directory information services to determine service name, protocol, and port information. FILES
/etc/services SEE ALSO
getservent(3), getaddrinfo(3), DirectoryService(8) HISTORY
The services file format appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 5, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution