Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fuction return in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fuction return in perl Post 302195410 by era on Thursday 15th of May 2008 03:37:45 AM
Old 05-15-2008
You need to parse the output from your C program, or make its output format less complex. The fact that it might not always print a value for k seems like a slightly dubious design, if that's what it's primarily useful for. Also I'd centralize all the printing to one function, and make pline() only calculate and return the desired value (for printing or other use).

The last line of output will be in $s[-1] if that's the only output you are really interested in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: why the return valure of stat and lstat are the same?

i tried to use stat to get the attributes of a file and a soft link. but the result i got from stat and lstat are the same. say: ln -s f1 soft1 (soft is a soft link , point to f1) if i use > ls -il shows the inode and modify time of soft1 and f1 are different. but the modify... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable

Hi All, :confused: I have the following code. var=' ' sqlplus user/pass@DB <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 select package.func() into $var from dual; EOF echo $var But, this code does not work to display the value returned by the oracle function. Do we have to bind variables before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk and fuction (recursion) !! Urgent !!

Hey all, :D Could you please check following way of writing awk is correct or not ??? ----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Its recursion being called. tempgrep.txt has : 462948 1311040 880922... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : stdout is not return to screen

Hello All, I have a perl script , and the STDERR and additional FH is redirected to the STDOUT like below: open STDOUT ,">>$log" or die "$! :: $log\n"; open STDERR ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can redirect STDERR to STDOUT\n"; select STDERR; $|=1; open LOG ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - Searching for a pattern and return the position

Hi, I need to search a file, in each line I need to check for occurance of '1' from a particular position through the next 32 bytes. If 1 is found, i need to return the position. Here is an example of the file and the output i need. Please help. I'm new to perl and unix. File: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl system fuction with

Hi, I've written a perl script with a nested foreach statement in it. I have the line code: foreach $argn(@arguments) { foreach $location (@path) { system("find $location -name \"$argn\" -print >> results.txt"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tchoruma
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl - Stream TAP from a Perl executable VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw( 'script.pl' ); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is actually a Perl script ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for Perl sources ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like a file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it has a shebang ala "#!...perl" 0.75 if it has any shebang 0.8 if it's a .t file 0.9 if it's a .pl file 0.75 if it's in a 't' directory 0.25 by default (backwards compat) "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Constructs & returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. Assumes "$source->raw" contains a reference to the perl script. "croak"s if the file could not be found. The command to run is built as follows: $perl @switches $perl_script @test_args The perl command to use is determined by "get_perl". The command generated is guaranteed to preserve: PERL5LIB PERL5OPT Taint Mode, if set in the script's shebang Note: the command generated will not respect any shebang line defined in your Perl script. This is only a problem if you have compiled a custom version of Perl or if you want to use a specific version of Perl for one test and a different version for another, for example: #!/path/to/a/custom_perl --some --args #!/usr/local/perl-5.6/bin/perl -w Currently you need to write a plugin to get around this. "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); "get_perl" Gets the version of Perl currently running the test suite. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl ); # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)