Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fuction return in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fuction return in perl Post 302195396 by jisha on Thursday 15th of May 2008 02:16:43 AM
Old 05-15-2008
CPU & Memory fuction return in perl

Hi All,

I have a perl script(1.pl) that calls a c function defined in another file sample.c

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $re = 1;
my @s = `/home/PERL_SCRIPTING/Rough/sample pline $re 10`;
print "$_" foreach(@s);

The sample.c is as bwlow:

# include <stdio.h>
int pline(int, int);
main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
int i,j;

printf("Wow Entered main\n");
printf(" %s ", argv[1]);
printf(" %s ", argv[2]);
printf(" %s ", argv[3]);
if(strcmp(argv[1],"pline") == 0)
{
int i,j,k;
i = atoi(argv[2]);
j = atoi(argv[3]);
printf("value of i is %d \n",i);
k = pline(i,j);
printf("%d",k);

}
}

int pline( int x, int y)
{
x = x + 20;
printf("value of x : %d", x);
printf("\n");
return(x);
}

I can call the c function and values are printing. But i need only the value of k to be stored in a variable in the perl script so that i can use it later in teh script.

Is their any solution for this??
Thanks in advance
JS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: why the return valure of stat and lstat are the same?

i tried to use stat to get the attributes of a file and a soft link. but the result i got from stat and lstat are the same. say: ln -s f1 soft1 (soft is a soft link , point to f1) if i use > ls -il shows the inode and modify time of soft1 and f1 are different. but the modify... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable

Hi All, :confused: I have the following code. var=' ' sqlplus user/pass@DB <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 select package.func() into $var from dual; EOF echo $var But, this code does not work to display the value returned by the oracle function. Do we have to bind variables before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk and fuction (recursion) !! Urgent !!

Hey all, :D Could you please check following way of writing awk is correct or not ??? ----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Its recursion being called. tempgrep.txt has : 462948 1311040 880922... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : stdout is not return to screen

Hello All, I have a perl script , and the STDERR and additional FH is redirected to the STDOUT like below: open STDOUT ,">>$log" or die "$! :: $log\n"; open STDERR ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can redirect STDERR to STDOUT\n"; select STDERR; $|=1; open LOG ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - Searching for a pattern and return the position

Hi, I need to search a file, in each line I need to check for occurance of '1' from a particular position through the next 32 bytes. If 1 is found, i need to return the position. Here is an example of the file and the output i need. Please help. I'm new to perl and unix. File: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl system fuction with

Hi, I've written a perl script with a nested foreach statement in it. I have the line code: foreach $argn(@arguments) { foreach $location (@path) { system("find $location -name \"$argn\" -print >> results.txt"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tchoruma
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies
CATANH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 CATANH(3)

NAME
catanh, catanhf, catanhl - complex arc tangents hyperbolic SYNOPSIS
#include <complex.h> double complex catanh(double complex z); float complex catanhf(float complex z); long double complex catanhl(long double complex z); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
The catanh() function calculates the complex arc hyperbolic tangent of z. If y = catanh(z), then z = ctanh(y). The imaginary part of y is chosen in the interval [-pi/2,pi/2]. One has: catanh(z) = 0.5 * (clog(1 + z) - clog(1 - z)) VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
C99. EXAMPLE
/* Link with "-lm" */ #include <complex.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { double complex z, c, f; if (argc != 3) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <real> <imag> ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } z = atof(argv[1]) + atof(argv[2]) * I; c = catanh(z); printf("catanh() = %6.3f %6.3f*i ", creal(c), cimag(c)); f = 0.5 * (clog(1 + z) - clog(1 - z)); printf("formula = %6.3f %6.3f*i ", creal(f2), cimag(f2)); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
atanh(3), cabs(3), cimag(3), ctanh(3), complex(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2011-09-15 CATANH(3)