Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: error in if statement
Operating Systems Linux error in if statement Post 302195157 by capri_drm on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 12:10:41 PM
Old 05-14-2008
Era ,
Its stil the same . I took out the section of code with view change and hardcoded it. the sh -x is as below

sh -x view_add.shl
+ [[ -n 1 ]]
+ return
+ grep VIEW db2look_dim_provider.ddl1
CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_MBR_PRI ( MBR_PRI_PROV_SYS_ID, MBR_PRI_COS_PROV_SPCL_CD,
CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_REF ( REF_PROV_SYS_ID, REF_COS_PROV_SPCL_CD,
CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_SRVC ( SRVC_PROV_SYS_ID, SRVC_COS_PROV_SPCL_CD,
+ + awk /VIEW/ {print $3} db2look_dim_provider.ddl1
+ cut -d . -f2
VW_VAR=PROVIDER_MBR_PRI
PROVIDER_REF
PROVIDER_SRVC
+ echo VW_PROVIDER_MBR_PRI
PROVIDER_REF
PROVIDER_SRVC
VW_PROVIDER_MBR_PRI
PROVIDER_REF
PROVIDER_SRVC
+ sed -e s/PROVIDER_MBR_PRI
PROVIDER_REF
PROVIDER_SRVC/VW_PROVIDER_MBR_PRI
PROVIDER_REF
PROVIDER_SRVC/g db2look_dim_provider.ddl1
+ 1> db2look_dim_provider.ddl2
sed: Function s/PROVIDER_MBR_PRI cannot be parsed.

Daya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing error in if statement

hello, I am trying to parse an error returned by a command inside the if statement but it is just displays the full error instead and then stops. if ; then echo "no such package" else echo "similar version found will use pkgrm" fi the above code just displays please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snytax error on If Statement--help

year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12);; if($day =7 ); then $day=6 fi 4 | 6 | 9 | 11);; if ; then $day=31 fi 2);; if ; then if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement Syntax error

Hi Can you please tell me what is wrong with this line: if && ]; then basically i want to check if x = 12 and F (Filename) end with 'g'. But it is throwing syntax error. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/if statement error

Can anybody tell the correct way to use the following awk pattern check within an if statement? When I run this command outside of the if statement cat /tmp/test2.out | awk -v T=$TIME -v G=$GROUP -v C=$CDATE '$0 ~ T && $0 ~ G && $0 ~ C' | grep -i "Starting the group" I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error code with if statement

hello all im new to unix and when i use below script i get an error : #! /bin/bash Echo -e "enter the name of the file : \c" read file_name if then echo "$file_name found" else echo "$file_name not found" fi running the script i get below error : $ ./hello (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahims1
26 Replies
CREATE 
VIEW(7) SQL Commands CREATE VIEW(7) NAME
CREATE VIEW - define a new view SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] VIEW view [ ( column name list ) ] AS SELECT query INPUTS view The name (optionally schema-qualified) of a view to be created. column name list An optional list of names to be used for columns of the view. If given, these names override the column names that would be deduced from the SQL query. query An SQL query (that is, a SELECT statement) which will provide the columns and rows of the view. Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for more information about valid arguments. OUTPUTS CREATE VIEW The message returned if the view is successfully created. ERROR: Relation 'view' already exists This error occurs if the view specified already exists in the database. WARNING: Attribute 'column' has an unknown type The view will be created having a column with an unknown type if you do not specify it. For example, the following command gives a warning: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT 'Hello World' whereas this command does not: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT text 'Hello World' DESCRIPTION
CREATE VIEW defines a view of a query. The view is not physically materialized. Instead, a query rewrite rule (an ON SELECT rule) is auto- matically generated to support SELECT operations on views. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is similar, but if a view of the same name already exists, it is replaced. You can only replace a view with a new query that generates the identical set of columns (i.e., same column names and data types). If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE VIEW myschema.myview ...) then the view is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema (the one at the front of the search path; see CURRENT_SCHEMA()). The view name must be distinct from the name of any other view, table, sequence, or index in the same schema. NOTES Currently, views are read only: the system will not allow an insert, update, or delete on a view. You can get the effect of an updatable view by creating rules that rewrite inserts, etc. on the view into appropriate actions on other tables. For more information see CREATE RULE [create_rule(7)]. Use the DROP VIEW statement to drop views. USAGE
Create a view consisting of all Comedy films: CREATE VIEW kinds AS SELECT * FROM films WHERE kind = 'Comedy'; SELECT * FROM kinds; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------------------------+-----+------------+--------+------- UA502 | Bananas | 105 | 1971-07-13 | Comedy | 01:22 C_701 | There's a Girl in my Soup | 107 | 1970-06-11 | Comedy | 01:36 (2 rows) COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 specifies some additional capabilities for the CREATE VIEW statement: CREATE VIEW view [ column [, ...] ] AS SELECT expression [ AS colname ] [, ...] FROM table [ WHERE condition ] [ WITH [ CASCADE | LOCAL ] CHECK OPTION ] The optional clauses for the full SQL92 command are: CHECK OPTION This option is to do with updatable views. All INSERT and UPDATE commands on the view will be checked to ensure data satisfy the view-defining condition. If they do not, the update will be rejected. LOCAL Check for integrity on this view. CASCADE Check for integrity on this view and on any dependent view. CASCADE is assumed if neither CASCADE nor LOCAL is specified. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is a PostgreSQL language extension. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE VIEW(7)