Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cp files (>5 Mb size) from one directory to another Post 302195109 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 09:44:57 AM
Old 05-14-2008
are those files in the same filesystem ? across NFS ?

did you consider using " mv " instead of copying and deleting ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if 3 files have same size in directory

I need to determine if any three files have the same file size in a specified directly? I have got as far as listing the file sizes but where to go from here? ls -al |sort -n -r +4 | awq '{print $5}' Thanks in anticipation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oggle
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

files of size 0 need to be deleted inside a directory

Hiiii, I have written a script which takes backup of some log files. let say the backuplocation is --- /abc/backuplocation -rw-r--r-- 1 webmut2 spgroup 0 Jan 27 02:41 ansrpt23994.log -rw-r--r-- 1 webmut2 spgroup 0 Jan 27 02:41 ansrpt3601.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files in a directory in bases of size

Hi , I want to list all files in the order of size . Just want to know which files occupies more size and which occupies less size . Is it possible with ls command ? :) Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the total file size for certain files per directory

Hi, I am trying to get the total file size for certain files per directory. I am using find /DirectoryPath -name '*.dta' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ print $NF ": " $5 }' > /users/cergun/My\ Documents/dtafiles.txt but this lists all the files in the directories. I need the total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cergun
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to traverse directory structure and sum size of files?

How do I write a bash or ruby or perl or groovy script to print all the files in my directory tree that are one-to-two years old, the size of each file, and the sum of file sizes and then delete them? I was using find . -atime +365 -exec rm '{}' \; but the problem was that I could not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the set of files size as a sum in a directory.

Hi, Can someone help me to get the complete files size (sum) over a perod time (1 day,2days)in a directory. eg: Directory :ABC I have a1,a2,a3 files are created in last 24 hours so I need to get the some of all these files. I am using the below find command but its giving me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sorting files by size in another directory

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm trying to use a directory path to enter a new directory and sort the files there. I'm using the language C with a system call in Unix to sort the files from smallest to largest. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TedFTW
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the list of filesystems provided by getfsent(3). The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described via getfsent(3) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option implies the -A option and, unless otherwise speci- fied with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -A -t nfs,hfs umounts all currently-mounted filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. (The -a option only unmounts entries in the /etc/fstab list.) -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. NOTES
Due to the complex and interwoven nature of Mac OS X, umount may fail often. It is recommended that diskutil(1) (as in, ``diskutil unmount /mnt'') be used instead. SEE ALSO
unmount(2), getfsent(3), mount(8), diskutil(1) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution