Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Avoiding rc.local file during reboot Post 302194824 by Annihilannic on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 07:20:04 PM
Old 05-13-2008
Boot into single user mode and rename it. You can do that by adding single to the kernel command line.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Avoiding rc.local file during reboot

Hi, I am tryin to install custom software during the linux reboot. So,I have changed rc.local file, but unfortunately I have added a code that is going on a infinite loop. And now I am in a pick. Is there anyway that I can avoid rc.local file while reboot. Can anyone help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoiding "file collision"

I don't know if there's a better name for what I call "file collision"... Basically, I have a script that I'm using for quick and dirty MySQL testing. Here's the idea... #!/usr/local/bin/bash for num in `jot $1` ## Yep, jot... this is FreeBSD do /usr/bin/time mysql --user=root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

4. Solaris

After reboot the .rhosts file in nobody nobody

Hi All, I have a station in solaris 10 in a environnemet NIS. after reboot of the station the file ". rhosts" has the UID / GID nobody. Could you please help me to find the solution? Thx. Vince (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vince78
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Binary file for showing last reboot

Does anyone know what is the binary file for seeing the last reboot since my wtmpx file has been dumped as of now and i am not able to see the last reboot with the command "last reboot". Please don't say uptime, since i want to see the last 4-5 reboots for this server. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding 'sh -c' when running ps from CRON

Hi, I have a script which has the below line: ps -ef | grep ${SCRIPT_NAME} | grep ksh | grep -v grep >> /tmp/instance.tmp When the script is invoked through CRON, I get 2 lines in instance.tmp when actually only one instance is running: cdrd 17790 17789 0 15:14:01 ? 0:00 /bin/ksh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavallino4u
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoiding the history

In bash shell, how we can avoid the commands getting recorded in history file. One way i can think of is : export HISTSIZE=0 Is there any other way to achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding file overwrite during file transfer using scp

Hi, I have written a small script to transfer a file from one unix server to other using scp command which is working fine. As I know with scp, if any file with the same name is already present on destination server, it would get overwritten without any notification to user. Could anyone help me... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsa
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk for selecting lines in a file avoiding repetition

Hello, I am using Awk in UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file as following with 48,432,354 lines and 4 fields. The file has this structure (There are repetitions of the first column in several lines) AB_14 S54 A G AB_14 S55 A A AB_14 S56 G G GO_15 S45 T A GO_15 S46 A A PT_16 S33 C C PT_16 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies
HPCBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						HPCBOOT(8)

NAME
hpcboot -- load and boot kernel from Windows CE SYNOPSIS
hpcboot.exe DESCRIPTION
hpcboot is a program that runs on Windows CE. It loads and executes the specified NetBSD kernel. hpcboot supports hpcarm, hpcmips, and hpcsh ports. Click on the ``Boot'' button to start the boot process with selected options. Click on the ``Cancel'' button to exit hpcboot. ``Kernel'' Tab On this tab you can select the kernel to boot and options to pass to the kernel. Directory In this combobox you specify the ``current'' directory. The kernel and miniroot image pathnames are taken to be relative to this direc- tory. hpcboot can load kernel and miniroot from FAT and UFS filesystems, and via HTTP. Kernel In this text field you specify the name of the kernel to load. Kernels compressed with gzip(1) are supported. Model Select your H/PC model in this combobox. Root File System This group of controls lets you specify the desired root file system type. You can select wd(4), sd(4), md(4), and NFS root. If you select md(4) memory disk root file system, you should specify the path name of the file system image in the text field below. Miniroot images compressed with gzip(1) are supported. Kernel Boot Flags This group of controls is used to pass boot flags to the kernel. ``Option'' Tab On this tab you can specify miscellaneous options that mostly control the hpcboot program itself. Auto Boot If this option is selected hpcboot will automatically boot NetBSD after the specified timeout. Reverse Video Tells kernel if it should use the framebuffer in reverse video mode. Pause Before Boot If selected, a warning dialog will be presented before anything is done, right after the ``Boot'' button is pressed. Load Debug Info This option currently does nothing. Safety Message If selected, a warning dialog will be presented after the kernel has been loaded and prepared to be started. This will be your last chance to cancel the boot. Extra Kernel Options In this text field you can specify additional options to pass to the kernel. ``Console'' Tab This tab gets its name from the big text area that hpcboot uses as the ``console'' to report its progress. Save To File If checked, the progress log will be sent to the specified file instead. ``Checkboxes Anonymous'' The row of 8 checkboxes controls debugging options for hpcboot itself. They control the bits of an internal variable, the leftmost checkbox being the 7th bit. ``Buttons Anonymous'' The buttons ``a'' to ``d'' control 4 ``hooks'' a developer might want to use during hpcboot development. SEE ALSO
kloader(4), boot(8) HISTORY
The hpcboot utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BUGS
hpcboot reads the entire kernel image at once, and requires enough free area on the main memory. BSD
April 3, 2004 BSD