Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Super Grub Disk 0.9716 (Floppy branch) Post 302194811 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 07:10:25 PM
Old 05-13-2008
Super Grub Disk 0.9716 (Floppy branch)

Image Super Grub Disk is a bootable floppy or CDROM that is oriented towards system rescue, specifically for repairing the booting process. Super Grub Disk is simply a Grub Disk with a lot of useful menus. It can activate partitions, boot partitions, boot MBRs, boot your former OS (Linux or another one) by loading menu.lst from your hard disk, automatically restore Grub on your MBR, swap hard disks in the BIOS, and boot from any available disk device. It has multi-language support, and allows you to change the keyboard layout of your shell. License: GNU General Public License (GPL) Changes:
Booting to Windows was fixed. Quick menu options were rewritten for non-English users and help was added. It is now possible to manually restore grub to the MBR, which is useful for Windows systems that overwrite sectors just after the MBR.Image

More...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to duplicate a floppy disk

Hi there, I have a boot disk that I'd like to make a copy of. I can't just copy it through windows because windows obviously doesn't recognise the format. What would I have to do in SCO to just simply make a copy of this disk?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaphs
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configure floppy disk?

what are your next steps when you see: # mount /dev/fd0 /mnt mount: /dev/fd0 : Device not configured - please? yours` sehrguey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a floppy disk in System V

Hello all! I just recently inherited a mid-90s gateway full tower system (Original Pentium, SIMM style RAM, etc.). I had always wanted to try an old version of UNIX, and having come across a copy of AT&T System V R4 decided that the time was ripe. There were 30 disks total, and after booting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Northcott
1 Replies
MBRLABEL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       MBRLABEL(8)

NAME
mbrlabel -- update disk label from MBR label(s) SYNOPSIS
mbrlabel [-fqrw] [-s sector] device DESCRIPTION
mbrlabel is used to update a NetBSD disk label from the Master Boot Record (MBR) label(s) found on disks that were previously used on DOS/Windows systems (or other MBR using systems). mbrlabel scans the MBR contained in the very first block of the disk (or the block specified through the -s flag), then walks through every extended partition found and generates additional partition entries for the disk from the MBRs found in those extended partitions. Each MBR partition which does not have an equivalent partition in the disk label (equivalent in having the same size and offset) is added to the first free partition slot in the disk label. A free partition slot is defined as one with an fstype of 'unused' and a size of zero ('0'). If there are not enough free slots in the disk label, a warning will be issued. The raw partition (typically partition c, but d on i386 and some other platforms) is left alone during this process. By default, the proposed changed disk label will be displayed and no disk label update will occur. Available options: -f Force an update, even if there has been no change. -q Performs operations in a quiet fashion. -r In conjunction with -w, also update the on-disk label. -s sector Specifies the logical sector number that has to be read from the disk in order to find the MBR. Useful if the disk has remapping drivers on it and the MBR is located in a non-standard place. Defaults to 0. -w Update the in-core label if it has been changed. See also -r. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dkctl(8), fdisk(8), mbr(8) HISTORY
The mbrlabel command appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BSD
April 5, 2010 BSD