Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing question Post 302194713 by muser on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 02:37:51 PM
Old 05-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
Also you probably mean "for file in dat*" rather than the silly echo. (^:
This didn't work for me so I gave up trying to fix it.
Also, I was using Korn shell.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text parsing question

How would I split a file based on the location of a string, basically I want all entries above the string unix in this example 1 2 3 4 unix 5 6 7 Thanks, Chuck (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question.

Hi There, First time poster here. I've got a parsing question and have a solution but am sure there is a much better way of doing this with just awk. My knowledge of awk is pretty limited so hope someone out there can give me a better solution. Here's the problem, I'm receiving a file from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_happosai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Awk for Data Parsing

Hi, I am doing some data parsing for some economics research. I was recently exposed to shell script and am brand new to awk. I have a large csv file (like 10G) and I would like to make it a lot smaller with awk, but it is a bit tricky for me and I haven't been able to get it yet. I would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EconResearch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing question

I need some help loading an array. I have two unique delimiters, but I keep running into recursion. #!/usr/bin/perl $INFILE="/root/scripts/data.txt"; $pat1="SCRIPT####"; $pat2="SCRIPT#echo"; $flag=0; $inc=0; $chunk=""; open(INFILE,"<$INFILE")|| die; while(<INFILE>) { if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_becker
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about reading and parsing text file

Hello, I'm just getting started with BASH programming. I would like to write a script to solve a file renaming problem I have. I received a directory containing a collection (>2000) of files whose names are in DOS 8.3 format, and woild like to rename the filenames to a longer and more... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: polomora
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about argument parsing in scripts

Hello all, I am relatively new to linux and bash scripting. I have what seems to be a simple question but I'm having trouble finding the answer. The question is what is the difference between the variables $@ and $*. I've seen them both used in the same context, and I've tried a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicthu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another parsing question

Input File Information about each HBA: HBA UID: 20:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88:10:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88 Server Name: 20:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88:10:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88 Server IP Address: UNKNOWN HBA Model Description: HBA Vendor Description: HBA Device Driver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question about parsing a website

I'm trying to parse the website, finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ge&ql=1, and retrieve the info between <span id="yfs_l84_ge">18.98</span>, so 18.98. What would be the best way to go about this in a bash script? Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayson
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing question (awk)

Input File Name of the session: filesrv_quo snap Logical Units UID: 60:06:01:60:01:7B:25:00:C8:86:B0:CA:5B:A2:E0:11 Name of the session: verspn2_at_176_0218 snap Logical Units UID: Name of the session: DRT-ny-iadsql1-c_ny-iadsql2-c snap Logical Units UID: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
4 Replies
GETRUSAGE(3)								 1							      GETRUSAGE(3)

getrusage - Gets the current resource usages

SYNOPSIS
array getrusage ([int $who]) DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to getrusage(2). It gets data returned from the system call. PARAMETERS
o $who - If $who is 1, getrusage will be called with RUSAGE_CHILDREN. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array containing the data returned from the system call. All entries are accessible by using their documented field names. EXAMPLES
Example #1 getrusage(3) example <?php $dat = getrusage(); echo $dat["ru_nswap"]; // number of swaps echo $dat["ru_majflt"]; // number of page faults echo $dat["ru_utime.tv_sec"]; // user time used (seconds) echo $dat["ru_utime.tv_usec"]; // user time used (microseconds) ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------+ | 7.0.0 | | | | | | | This function is now supported on Windows. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note On Windows getrusage(3) will only return the following members: o "ru_stime.tv_sec" o "ru_stime.tv_usec" o "ru_utime.tv_sec" o "ru_utime.tv_usec" o "ru_majflt" (only if $who is RUSAGE_SELF) o "ru_maxrss" (only if $who is RUSAGE_SELF) If getrusage(3) is called with $who set to 1 ( RUSAGE_CHILDREN), then resource usage for threads are collected (meaning that inter- nally the function is called with RUSAGE_THREAD). Note on BeOS 2000, only the following members are returned: o "ru_stime.tv_sec" o "ru_stime.tv_usec" o "ru_utime.tv_sec" o "ru_utime.tv_usec" SEE ALSO
Your system's man page on getrusage(2). PHP Documentation Group GETRUSAGE(3)