Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting overwrite specific lines in a file Post 302194643 by csecnarf on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 11:01:07 AM
Old 05-13-2008
Thanks, it works fine!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you specific lines in a file?

I'm looking to show specific lines (eg. 20 through 40) of a series of files in the directory. How do I do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedgehog001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specific lines from a file

Hi there I have a file with a variable amount of rows but the 45th, 46th and 47th charachter of each line is the status field which is a three digit code ie 001, 002, 003 etc. My question is this..I need to strip all the records/lines with 002's out of the file completely and put them into... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to display specific lines of a specific file

are there any basic commands that can display lines 99 - 101 of the /etc/passwd file? I'm thinking use of head and tail, but I forget what numbers to use and where to put /etc/passwd in the command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

shell overwrite lines in a file

Hello, I have an external file (file.txt). This shall be a kind of a config file for my shell script. I get the line numbers as to a corresponding entry by grep. Now I would like to substitute the corresponding line from the shell script back to the file and exactly on the same line number. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute specific lines with lines from another file

Hello All, I am new to this forum. I am currently facing a problem in manipulating files. I have two files called old-matter and new-matter # cat old-matter abc: this, is a, sample, entry byi: white board, is white in color rtz: black, board is black qty: i tried, a lot asd: no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahmathulla
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies
Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)

NAME
Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook - Miscellaneous recipes Windows Support The library works just fine under native windows (i.e use something like Strawberry Perl - no need for cygwin), for Telnet, Serial and SSH connections. However one additional step is required for you to have success: You must download the "plink.exe" application, and pass its filesystem location in the "app" parameter to "new()". Do not try to use any other Telnet or SSH programs (for instance the Windows bundled "telnet") - they will not work. Here's an example: my $s = Net::CLI::Interact->new( personality => "cisco", transport => "Telnet", (Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::is_win32() ? (app => "$ENV{HOMEPATH}\Desktop\plink.exe") : () ), ); Unix Support The library works fine on most Unix platforms. It will try to use the native "telnet", "ssh" (openssh) and "cu" programs for Telnet, SSH and Serial connections, respectively. If you want to use another application, pass it in the "app" parameter to "new". In some Unix environments there can be zombie child processes left around after running your script. If this happens, set the "reap" option, like so: my $s = Net::CLI::Interact->new( personality => "cisco", transport => "Telnet", connect_options => { reap => 1, }, ); Phrasebook Entries Prompts These are nothing more than named regular expressions: prompt configure match /(config[^)]*)# ?$/ Macros This example waits for the device to ask "[startup-config]?" and then responds with the text "startup-config". macro copy_run_start send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send startup-config To send instead a press of the Return key (output record separator), use: macro write_mem send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send '' To instead allow the user to pass in the file name, use a "sprintf" format. macro save_to_file send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send %s The user must then pass a parameter to the "macro" call, even if it's an empty string: $s->macro('save_to_file', { params => ['file_name'] }); # or $s->macro('save_to_file', { params => [''] }); Continuations These are Macros which start with a match instead of a send: macro more_pages match / --More-- / send ' ' Note that the parameter of the "send" is not sent with a Return character (output record separator) appended. When included in a macro, the continuation can be in-line, like this: macro show_ip_route send show ip route follow / --More-- / with ' ' Running Commands Standalone Commands Simply send the command you wish to execute to the library. If not already done, a connection to the device will be established automatically: $s->cmd('show ip int br'); Normally this matches against a default prompt, which has been discovered automatically, or set by you: $s->set_prompt('user_prompt'); It's also possible to pass in a custom prompt for this command only: $s->cmd('show ip int br', { match => qr/special prompt>$/ }); Composite Macro Commands Call a predefined Macro from the phrasebook using this method: $s->macro('write_mem'); Sometimes the Macro needs parameters: $s->macro('to_priv_exec', { params => ['my_password'] }); You can't really create a Macro on the fly very easily, but with suitable use of "cmd()", "set_prompt()", and the "match" option to "cmd()" it's possible to achieve some simple flexibility. Reconfiguring On-the-Fly Phrasebook It's possible to load a new phrasebook by the following method, which must be passed at least the name of the personality: $s->set_phrasebook({ personality => 'ios' }); You can pass any options which the Phrasebook module itself would take. Prompt The current prompt can be changed by passing the name of the new Prompt as it is known by the phrasebook: $s->set_prompt('name'); If you want to test whether the current prompt matches a diffrent named Prompt from the phrasebook, this method can be used: $s->prompt_looks_like('name'); perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)