Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating searches?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating searches? Post 302194449 by amatuer_lee_3 on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 01:04:29 AM
Old 05-13-2008
**************Thread Closed *****************************

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep: do multiple searches?

I want to search the file /etc/passwd for all lines containing 'csh' but exlude all those lines that have '/usr' in them and dump the results into the file result. IMPORTANT: I need to do this in one command line. The following does not work: grep -v \(\/usr\) \(csh\) /etc/passwd >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdemba
4 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

New Tool Searches and Replaces SCO Code

See this article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&ncid=738&e=9&u=/cmp/20030809/tc_cmp/13000487 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax for sed searches

I am aware that Perl has a lot of features that originally came from sed and awk. I have a pattern that I am using like this: sed -n '/|Y|/p' I want to do the same thing in Perl and be able to either save that value in some kind of variable or array or potentially write it out to a file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: masinick
11 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Alpine: LDAP searches hang

I just configured my ldap server in Alpine, but every search hangs indefinitely (or so it seems) and I have to end up killing Alpine and starting back up. The LDAP server runs over SSL on port 636, so I have specified port 636, but there doesn't seem to be an SSL option available so I turned on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: retrovertigo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone please help me optimize my code (script searches subdirectories)?

Here is my code. What it does is it reads an input file (input.txt which contains roughly 2,000 search phrases) and searches a directory for files that contains the search phrase. The directory contains roughly 1900 files and 84 subdirectories. The output is a file (output.txt) that shows only the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk for multiple searches

I have a below file RCS File name : abc.txt something something .... symbolic names: implemented : 1.1 ssssssumthing Revision 1.2 date : 12/12/12 author : abc Revision 1.1 date : 11/11/11 author xyz So now , in this file i have to first look for the implemented... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishagg2005
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output based on multiple searches

I have a file that looks like this: >Sample 539 GCCCAGCGCGCGILTGCCGCCGTCTCCGCCTGTCJOHNCCGCCATTGCCCCCGGTTAC I am using the following code to search specific patterns: awk '/^>/ { print $0 } NR==2 {if (/GIL/) { print "\t" "1" } else { print "\t" "0" }} NR==2 {if (/JOHN/) { print "\t""\t"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customized text searches by using grep

I tried to ease text searches so made a customized grep: g () { if then i= for s in $2 do i="$i --include=*.$s" done else i='--include=*.txt --include=*.ini --include=*.*sh --include=*.c* --include=*.h --include=*.js --include=*.reg' fi grep -P -e \'$1\' -r "$i" } but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
3 Replies
P_CANDEBUG(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     P_CANDEBUG(9)

NAME
p_candebug -- determine debuggability of a process SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/proc.h> int p_candebug(struct thread *td, struct proc *p); DESCRIPTION
This function can be used to determine if a given process p is debuggable by the thread td. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctl(8) variables directly influence the behaviour of p_candebug(): kern.securelevel Debugging of the init process is not allowed if this variable is 1 or greater. security.bsd.unprivileged_proc_debug Must be set to a non-zero value to allow unprivileged processes access to the kernel's debug facilities. RETURN VALUES
The p_candebug() function returns 0 if the process denoted by p is debuggable by thread td, or a non-zero error return value otherwise. ERRORS
[EACCESS] The MAC subsystem denied debuggability. [EAGAIN] Process p is in the process of being exec()'ed. [EPERM] Thread td lacks super-user credentials and process p is executing a set-user-ID or set-group-ID executable. [EPERM] Thread td lacks super-user credentials and process p's group set is not a subset of td's effective group set. [EPERM] Thread td lacks super-user credentials and process p's user IDs do not match thread td's effective user ID. [EPERM] Process p denotes the initial process initproc() and the sysctl(8) variable kern.securelevel is greater than zero. [ESRCH] Process p is not visible to thread td as determined by cr_seeotheruids(9) or cr_seeothergids(9). [ESRCH] Thread td has been jailed and process p does not belong to the same jail as td. [ESRCH] The MAC subsystem denied debuggability. SEE ALSO
jail(2), sysctl(8), cr_seeothergids(9), cr_seeotheruids(9), mac(9), p_cansee(9), prison_check(9) BSD
November 19, 2006 BSD