Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Services configuring to come up at boot process Post 302194266 by pankajwagh81 on Monday 12th of May 2008 02:46:07 PM
Old 05-12-2008
Services configuring to come up at boot process

I want to configure one service to come up as a normal strat-up process after reboot, instead of starting it manually.
I tried to configure it in inetd.conf but it didn't work.

Could you please suggest, how I can achieve this ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Need Help for configuring Boot from San

Hi all, I am trying to configure my HPUX host 11.31 IA64 to boot from a LUN for EMC clariion CX3-80 (Flaire PNR 26). I am following the below mentioned steps.. vi /tmp/idf 3 EFI 500MB HPUX 100% HPSP 400MB idisk -f /tmp/idf -w /dev/rdisk/diskxxx insf -e pvcreate -B... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Configuring LAN to be able to boot from it.

Hi, I have an IA machine on which I want to install the HP 11.31 from LAN. I have the lan card and ignite server available. How do I need to configure the LAN card to be able to boot from it and install the OS? Thanks in advance Pritam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
2 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring boot server

Hi experts, I want to configure a boot server, tried googling for some document for steps and all leads to JumpStart server. Any help with be much appreciated Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot on single user mode with net services

Hi everybody, I'm running soalris 10, and I would like to know if it posible to boot on single user mode(init s), and then set up (may be manually or not) all the networks services, did someone try this before?? Tks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jespada
4 Replies

5. AIX

Difference between services and process

Hi, I want to know the Difference between services and process... is services having many processes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Boot process hang

Hello, Sometime i see that the boot process hangs. I am using rhel 6.2. At that time in the console i see Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... SSH service seems to be started but i can't login... ssh logs (last lines) in verbose mode level 3: debug2: we did not send a packet,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
SSERVER(8)							   MIT Kerberos 							SSERVER(8)

NAME
sserver - sample Kerberos version 5 server SYNOPSIS
sserver [ -p port ] [ -S keytab ] [ server_port ] DESCRIPTION
sserver and sclient(1) are a simple demonstration client/server application. When sclient connects to sserver, it performs a Kerberos authentication, and then sserver returns to sclient the Kerberos principal which was used for the Kerberos authentication. It makes a good test that Kerberos has been successfully installed on a machine. The service name used by sserver and sclient is sample. Hence, sserver will require that there be a keytab entry for the service sam- ple/hostname.domain.name@REALM.NAME. This keytab is generated using the kadmin(1) program. The keytab file is usually installed as FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab. The -S option allows for a different keytab than the default. sserver is normally invoked out of inetd(8), using a line in /etc/inetd.conf that looks like this: sample stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/sserver sserver Since sample is normally not a port defined in /etc/services, you will usually have to add a line to /etc/services which looks like this: sample 13135/tcp When using sclient, you will first have to have an entry in the Kerberos database, by using kadmin(1), and then you have to get Kerberos tickets, by using kinit(1). Also, if you are running the sclient program on a different host than the sserver it will be connecting to, be sure that both hosts have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port, and that the same port number is in both files. When you run sclient you should see something like this: sendauth succeeded, reply is: reply len 32, contents: You are nlgilman@JIMI.MIT.EDU COMMON ERROR MESSAGES
1. kinit returns the error: kinit: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials This means that you didn't create an entry for your username in the Kerberos database. 2. sclient returns the error: unknown service sample/tcp; check /etc/services This means that you don't have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port. 3. sclient returns the error: connect: Connection refused This probably means you didn't edit /etc/inetd.conf correctly, or you didn't restart inetd after editing inetd.conf. 4. sclient returns the error: sclient: Server not found in Kerberos database while using sendauth This means that the sample/hostname@LOCAL.REALM service was not defined in the Kerberos database; it should be created using kadmin(1), and a keytab file needs to be generated to make the key for that service principal available for sclient. 5. sclient returns the error: sendauth rejected, error reply is: "No such file or directory" This probably means sserver couldn't find the keytab file. It was probably not installed in the proper directory. SEE ALSO
sclient(1), services(5), inetd(8) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 SSERVER(8)