Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: please help in rsync
Operating Systems Solaris please help in rsync Post 302194116 by naree on Monday 12th of May 2008 09:10:28 AM
Old 05-12-2008
Please help me rsync

Dear J,
Please help me how to add rsync entry in /etc/services. and /etc/rsyncd.conf what shud enter in this file please help me.

I have telnet to local host and port no 873 is showing following error

Code:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
Trying ::1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable

Thanks & Regards

Naree

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 12-10-2010 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync

I want to do rsync only for the difference in the last 30 days. How do I specify the "30 days" on the command line below? >rsync -avz prj# /rsource /destination Thanks for help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wz253
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync

I have to update my files to 2-4 servers and I tar all the files and ftp to every server. I have heard about Rsync, but are there any other ways that are the same as Rsync?> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darknite87
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync vs cp

Hi guys, I will be copying data from one FS to another. (only once) These are local Filesystems... Which tool would be more efficient to use in this case? There is a huge amount of data that needs to be copied... (1.5TB) John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync

i last night i copied a 400GB folder using rsync and ssh i did: rsync -r /mnt/500_GB ssh miguel@192.168.1.3:/mnt/1500_GB and it copied the folder fine all 400GB. The question is: If i put more files to that initial 400GB folder, which command can i run on my server for it to update the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

hi there I wonder if some-one can help. I am trying to use rsync on my mac to transfer a folder to a remote machine. I have logged into rysnc on my mac no problem and I'm trying to execute this command: rsync -a -e ssh /Users/myname/myfolder/sourcefolder/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: volterony
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

Am I correct in assuming that the following command: rsync -a /a /b does not make any changes on /a if there are files on /b that are newer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

7. SuSE

rsync

I'm trying to use rsync to sync some data from my windows laptop to my linux openSUSE home sytem using cwRsync. The process has always worked until I got a new laptop and more or less at the same time decided to rebuild my linux box. on linux rsync --version rsync version 3.0.7 protocol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giessenw
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync

Hi all, I'm new to the rsync world in hpux. Currently I have rsync going through the main public lan, but dude to traffic loads, I have been told that i need to use a dedicated rsync lan. I currently have 4 spare nics and the plan was to use one of these for the rsync, but I can't figure out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxwanabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)