Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dd using Digital Unix Tru64
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dd using Digital Unix Tru64 Post 302194095 by era on Monday 12th of May 2008 08:14:14 AM
Old 05-12-2008
Don't try this at a late stage, but for long transfers, it makes sense to try to benchmark the transfer rate before you start. Copy say one Gb and time that, just to be able to plan ahead.

Some versions of BSD-derived dd (I guess that would include Tru64) will give you interim throughput statistics when you hit ctrl-T but again, you might not want to try this on something which has already been running for very long.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Addressing with Digital Unix

I'm trying to set up an IP address on a Digital Unix box. I would like to know the commands in order to do so. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavelyj
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tru64 unix

Can anyone help me with tru64 unix. We have just got a new server with this already loaded on, we don't have the CDrom. We are trying to establish the common features ie smit,printers,users and day to day commands. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacl
8 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tru64 unix

Whick book would I get for dummies learning tru64, ie basics. thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM size in Digital unix

Hi All Im currntly working on a digital unix machine and must know what is the amount of MB\GB instaled ( i do not have physical access to the machine). can anyone help me here? 10x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindan100
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MINFLT on a Tru64 Unix OS

Hello: I have a question here, ¿What is the ps parameter MINFLT on a Tru64 Unix OS?, As far as I can know, it just refers to all the page swaps that have failed when accessing to the memory (RAM). If that is true, i would like to explain my case: I have a process that runs continuosly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fco
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unix HP Tru64

Hi experts, I hope someone can help me with these simple tasks as I am new in Unix environment. I need to create a file system for backup purpose, therefore I need to know the commands in Unix. 1) What is the command to check my disk drives to see how much available space is not allocated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help In Compaq Tru64 UNix

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I need help in working with Compaq-UX TRU64 OS. How It work FTP Server? ANd MAil Server? and I have apach pprogram project and it work as HTTP Server. Also I need how can setup a new version of progrm on UNix like mozilla and adobe reader etc........... Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svuad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sent mail from unix tru64

hi all, I need send mail from unix tru64 to mymail@domain.com use shell script. i saw result of "man mail", "man mailx" commands on my unix tru64 server, but i don't understand how to sent mail.... Please advice any suggestion or help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64-unix

Hello everybody I am new in TRU64 UNIX and i would really appreciate if somebody can help me with some info regarding the classification of the user rights of this OS. The types of user i know from previous experience in HP-UX 11 i is the root user or the superuser, the user admn that is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
0 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)