Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically answer a question raised by a command Post 302193783 by frozentin on Sunday 11th of May 2008 03:43:00 AM
Old 05-11-2008
Instead of typing a "space" in your <<here doc, you could try giving it the octal value for that keystroke. That may work.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question that need an answer Plz

I'm with FreeBSD 4.6.2, and i would like to know how to install this ports : ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/net/kmerlin There's no .tgz so i can't do the pkg_add command. Can you please help me??? Thank You. :) Erythro73 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

2. Programming

When is SIGCHLD is raised.

Hi, I have 2 processes X and Y. Y is exec() from X. In Y i have an exit handler, which is called when i return from main. With in exit handler i delete and object which in turn calls the destructor of the object, which terminates all the threads of Y. I believe that SIGCHLD is raised by Y as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid question but please answer

How do i save a script in unix. do i just type something like #!/bin/sh # This is a comment! echo Hello World #This is also a comment Then just go to save as and save it or what? just kinda confused me as i was reading different things and playing around (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, i need an answer to this question!!

Hello!! I need some help about a question... It was asked in exams 3 years ago in Greece and nobody is certain abou the answer. Others say that the right answer is b and others say c. I found this forum and i saw that you know a lot of things about UNIX so i hope that some of you will help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evoula_vou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating array raised an error

Hi, The following test case populate an array named: array3. Since array1 and array2 are equal in length and values array3 will remain empty. #!/usr/bin/ksh test() { set -A array1 "A" set -A array2 "A" NUM_1=`echo ${#array1}` print "num elenemt in NUM_1 is ${NUM_1}" i=1 for ELE2 in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on '1 days ago' in date command [Found answer, posted within]

I know the topic of getting yesterday's date has been covered ad nauseum, but I just want to be clear on something. I recently started using the command date --date='1 days ago' '+%m/%d/%y' to get yesterday's date and it's been working great. I just want to be certain that it is going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR question (probably a very simple answer)

Hi All, I have a (probably) very simple tar question on a Solaris box that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. After repeatedly checking man tar and searching for solutions online (I'm not sure of the correct "keywords" to look for) The question is: If I were to use the command:tar cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies
DtDtsDataToDataType(library call)										 DtDtsDataToDataType(library call)

NAME
DtDtsDataToDataType -- get the data type for a set of data SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Dts.h> char *DtDtsDataToDataType( const char *filepath, const void *buffer, const int size, const struct stat *stat_buff, const char *link_path, const struct stat *link_stat_buff, const char *opt_name); DESCRIPTION
The DtDtsDataToDataType function determines the data type of a set of data, based on the information given in the non- NULL pointer argu- ments to the function. The function gathers any additional information, if it is needed, to compensate for the NULL arguments. For exam- ple, if the filepath argument is given, but the stat_buff argument is NULL and a stat_buff value is required to determine the data type, DtDtsDataToDataType calls the stat(2) function to obtain the information. The filepath argument is the pathname of a file. The buffer argument is a pointer to the buffer of the data to be typed. The size argument is the size of the buffer in bytes. The stat_buff argument is the buffer returned from a stat(2) or fstat(3) call for use in typing. The link_path argument is the pathname of the target file pointed to by a symbolic link. The link_stat_buff argument is the buffer returned from an lstat(2) call for use in typing. The opt_name argument can be used to specify a name to be associated with the buffer. If the opt_name argument is not NULL, it is used as a pseudo file name in typing; otherwise, certain attributes may be returned as NULL because the filename components could not be deter- mined. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtDtsDataToDataType function returns a pointer to a data type string, or NULL if no value could be deter- mined. APPLICATION USAGE
The DtDtsDataToDataType function is generally used by applications such as file managers to improve performance. Typical applications should probably use DtDtsFileToDataType(3) or DtDtsBufferToDataType(3) instead. The DtDtsBuffer* functions assume that the buffer is readable and writable by the user, group and other file classes and select a type accordingly. An application requiring a type based on read-only permissions should use DtDtsDataToDataType with a stat_buff value created for this purpose: all fields should NULL except for the st_mode field, which should be set to: S_IFREG | S_IROTH | S_IRGRP | S_IRUSR SEE ALSO
Dt/Dts.h, DtDtsLoadDataTypes(3), DtDtsFileToDataType(3), DtDtsBufferToDataType(3), fstat(3), lstat(2), stat(2). DtDtsDataToDataType(library call)