Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically answer a question raised by a command Post 302193684 by fpmurphy on Saturday 10th of May 2008 03:24:05 PM
Old 05-10-2008
Why not just modify the perl script?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question that need an answer Plz

I'm with FreeBSD 4.6.2, and i would like to know how to install this ports : ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/net/kmerlin There's no .tgz so i can't do the pkg_add command. Can you please help me??? Thank You. :) Erythro73 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

2. Programming

When is SIGCHLD is raised.

Hi, I have 2 processes X and Y. Y is exec() from X. In Y i have an exit handler, which is called when i return from main. With in exit handler i delete and object which in turn calls the destructor of the object, which terminates all the threads of Y. I believe that SIGCHLD is raised by Y as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid question but please answer

How do i save a script in unix. do i just type something like #!/bin/sh # This is a comment! echo Hello World #This is also a comment Then just go to save as and save it or what? just kinda confused me as i was reading different things and playing around (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, i need an answer to this question!!

Hello!! I need some help about a question... It was asked in exams 3 years ago in Greece and nobody is certain abou the answer. Others say that the right answer is b and others say c. I found this forum and i saw that you know a lot of things about UNIX so i hope that some of you will help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evoula_vou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating array raised an error

Hi, The following test case populate an array named: array3. Since array1 and array2 are equal in length and values array3 will remain empty. #!/usr/bin/ksh test() { set -A array1 "A" set -A array2 "A" NUM_1=`echo ${#array1}` print "num elenemt in NUM_1 is ${NUM_1}" i=1 for ELE2 in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on '1 days ago' in date command [Found answer, posted within]

I know the topic of getting yesterday's date has been covered ad nauseum, but I just want to be clear on something. I recently started using the command date --date='1 days ago' '+%m/%d/%y' to get yesterday's date and it's been working great. I just want to be certain that it is going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR question (probably a very simple answer)

Hi All, I have a (probably) very simple tar question on a Solaris box that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. After repeatedly checking man tar and searching for solutions online (I'm not sure of the correct "keywords" to look for) The question is: If I were to use the command:tar cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies
VMBLOCK(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMBLOCK(9)

NAME
vmblock - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmblock DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel filesystem module. Ideally, it should be loaded before any of the Tools userlevel components are allowed to start, though vmblock itself has no dependencies. When loaded, vmblock will establish itself in /proc/fs/vmblock and create two nodes therein, dev and mountPoint. Before mounting a vmblock filesystem, ensure that /tmp/VMwareDnD exists as a directory with permissions 1777, otherwise host to guest drag n' drop operations won't work. To mount, issue: mount -t vmblock none /proc/fs/vmblock/mountPoint Once mounted, vmware-user(1) can begin to make use of vmblock to assist with DnD operations. Note that while vmware-user(1) is running, it'll keep an open file descriptor on /proc/fs/vmblock/dev, and thus all vmware-user(1) instances must be killed to unmount and unload vmblock. OPTIONS
vmblock has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmblock and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMBLOCK(9)