Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to do a silent installation on linux Post 302193505 by mark54g on Friday 9th of May 2008 01:38:14 PM
Old 05-09-2008
what do you mean by a silent installation?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

silent telnet

I have been using the following code for sending out an email from a AIX UNIX platform. cat filename | telnet mailhost 25 >/dev/null Time to time I get a message loopback: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call. Can anyone tell me what this means? I need this function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgardiner
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

linux installation

for installing fc4 , or even ubuntu , i got this problem after booting from vmlinuz and initrd (from both cd and ftp) display i got was very scattered. I was not able to make out from that display. ( it was a default display of blue window and black background). I have debian already installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

SFTP silent login

Hi, I am connecting via SFTP to a remote Server. My problem is on trying to LOGin, I am asked for a password. I need to make this process automatic such that I can login without being prompted for a password. I can achieve this if the remote server has a simple FTP server and not SFTP. How... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgaucho
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Silent package installation swinstall swask

Hi, I have a question and hoping that someone might already know. I'm trying to do a silent installation on a packages. I generate a set of response files manually. # swask -s /package.depot -c response_files \* I'm able to install the package silently without any issues if I install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mendocino
0 Replies

6. Linux

Wine in silent mode

I want to run through wine the utorrent and I don't want the messages that are usually displayed in the console, so I use the following command wine utorrent.exe > /dev/null & but it doesn't seem to work. Especially the redirection of the messages to the /dev/null doesn't work at all. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myle
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Silent Background Process

I run a background process using '&'. (see example below) How can I suppress the '&' messages that are written to my console?? (lines 2 and 5) Current Output... 1 > ak@LATU ~> ls & 2 > 4000 3 > ak@LATU ~> 4 > apps/ dl/ gems/ todo/ tst/ util/ 5 > + Done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy210
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

9. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent Input in PERL

Hello Experts, I am learning perl. I know ksh/bash/csh... In ksh I use to do this way... to read user input in silent mode so that nothing returns on the screen. stty -echo read -r pswd stty echo Please let me know the way in perl how to do it. Here are my OS and Perl Details... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)