Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ASM Diskspace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ASM Diskspace Post 302193289 by Harikrishna on Friday 9th of May 2008 01:57:52 AM
Old 05-09-2008
ASM Diskspace

Hi
I want to check Oracle ASM disk status through a PERL script.

Script flow would be like this ...
1. Its taking diskgroup name in the command line...

2. Connect to Oracle database

3. If connection error send a critical message.

Plz replyyyyyyy......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diskspace usage info

Anybody can help me? I need to know a specified folder diskspace usage, that's how much bytes that folder and its files/folders below spend on my storage. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nusajunus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diskspace

Hi there, pls help me, i have a problem, how i can find out the disk amount of each harddisk per command (not the on label on the Harddisk) i need it on HP UX and Sun. can anybody helb me???? pls thanks Scotty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compute diskspace

Guys, have any idea for the script like this? also to compute w/ decimal. thanks a=10 b=20 c=30 d=40 if a < b then ( a -b)*1024 = free space b + (c -d) = total space if a > b then (b / d)*1024 = cpu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Linux

how to get the correct reading of diskspace

What has happened. I beleive the diskpace is not showing the correct reading. Is there another command to use to get the diskspace without using du -h? Is there another command linux uses. The reason i am assuing this i cleared the log of a process that started using nohup for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathan184
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris not freeign up diskspace

Hi, one of our drive was 100 utilized so I delete some files to free up some diskspace. However, when i check the diskspace, its still saying this drive is 100 % utilized. any suggestions? btw, i'm using df -h to check the diskspace (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
2 Replies

6. Solaris

graphical diskspace analyzer

Hi all, recently I took over the admin task for a solaris 5.10 machine. Being a little bit familiar with debian systems Solaris is up to now a complete mystery to me. The first thing I would like to have is a graphical diskspace analyzer. I mean something like BaoBab under gnome. I there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]elimination with diskspace

dear all, i want elimination file with disk space for example: $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 62G 19G 41G 31% / /dev/sda1 99M 13M 82M 13% /boot tmpfs 1014M 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

DiskSpace Error

Hi, While am preparing the script for diskspace for different partitions different threshhold limit. am getting below error: ./test.sh: syntax error at line 5: `space=$' unexpected Script ==== #!/bin/sh df -h |grep -v '/oradata2'|grep -v '/orabkp' |grep -v '/oradata5' | awk '{ print $5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan83
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Check free diskspace

Hi all, I would like to know what was the free disk space available in my system for last two days back. I know how to check free disk space by command below. df -h But i want to know the same outcome for last two days back. Please help me. Reg, Mastan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allocate diskspace AT&T SV R4

# Hello -all, I have a problem with the SV R4 install. During the floppy2 procedure I get the message that I allocated less than 35 Mb for UNIX. It's a clean install, no other OS. Just a clean PC with a 40Gb disk. I get the # prompt telling me to restart the installation to allocate more Mb's..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
2 Replies
OCI_SET_EDITION(3)														OCI_SET_EDITION(3)

oci_set_edition - Sets the database edition

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_edition (string $edition) DESCRIPTION
Sets the database "edition" of objects to be used by a subsequent connections. Oracle Editions allow concurrent versions of applications to run using the same schema and object names. This is useful for upgrading live systems. Call oci_set_edition(3) before calling oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3) or oci_new_connect(3). If an edition is set that is not valid in the database, connection will fail even if oci_set_edition(3) returns success. When using persistent connections, if a connection with the requested edition setting already exists, it is reused. Otherwise, a different persistent connection is created PARAMETERS
o $edition - Oracle Database edition name previously created with the SQL " CREATE EDITION" command. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available from Oracle 11 gR2 onwards. Caution Persistent connections To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors, do not use ALTER SESSION SET EDITION to change the edition on persistent connec- tions. Caution DRCP Connection Pooling To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors when using editions and DRCP with Oracle 11.2.0.1, keep a one-to-one correspondence between the oci8.connection_class and the edition name used by applications. Each pooled server of a given connection class should only be used with one edition. This restriction has been removed with Oracle 11.2.0.2. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Two scripts can use different versions of myfunc() at the same time <?php // File 1 echo "Version 1 of application "; oci_set_edition('ORA$BASE'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> <?php // File 2 echo "Version 2 of application "; oci_set_edition('E1'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_EDITION(3)