Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: test for function name?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users test for function name? Post 302193224 by duderonomy on Thursday 8th of May 2008 07:37:09 PM
Old 05-08-2008
test for function name?

Hi,

I found this:
https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-ex...ion-shell.html
which indicates I can use typeset -f to list the functions.
But it also lists the contents of the functions. Is there a
lighter weight way to see what is defined? Is there an
internal array with the function names? Perhaps there is
a conventional idiom out there for asking your program if a
a particular function name is defined?

Thx.
:-D

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C function to test string or integer

Hi everyone , Is there any predefined C function that tests whether an input is string or an integer? Thank's in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

function to test if file is open

I need to write a function that will work in sh/ksh shell that will test to see if a file has already been opened for writting by another user has anyone written something like this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsonbryce
3 Replies

3. Programming

C function to test existence of a login

Hi everybody, I need to check in C program whether a given login is known on the system. Is there any system function that could do this ? So far, all I could find is getpwnam(), which answers my problem by parsing the local password database. But won't work if a user is authenticated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier054
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

explanation of test function

I have found a code some where, which looks like if (test $value) then <do something> fi I am not understanding what is test doing here. I have seen test with !,-eq, -e etc. But, the above appears to be a new one to me. Can anyone please expalin me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test function not working

i am writing the following snippet and cannot figure out why the variable measType remains 0. it should be 1 I also tried "\#analog" and '\#analog' in the test statement and it still doesn't work. What is going on? bash$ measType=0 bash$ read line < 2iconfig.ini bash$ echo $line #analog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oahmad
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong test interpretation for simple function.

Hello everyone, I have written simple script below to check if ip is added to interface #!/usr/local/bin/bash IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig" SERVICE="/usr/sbin/service" IP="79.137.X.X" GREP=$(${IFCONFIG} | grep ${IP}) ip_quantity_check () { echo ${GREP} | wc -l } if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryn1u
2 Replies
FTPSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FTPSTATS(8)

NAME
ftpstats - FTP Log summarizer SYNOPSIS
ftpstats [options] DESCRIPTION
Ftpstats dissects the defined ftp log and reports various statistics as requested. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. OPTIONS
-f filename Use filename rather than the default /var/log/xferlog -r Include real users. -a Include anonymous users. -h Include report on hourly traffic. -d Include report on domain traffic. -t Report on total traffic by section. -i Report on incoming traffic only (uploads). -o Report on outgoing traffic only (downloads). -Ddomain Report only on traffic from domain This option leads to problems with the local domain: e.g. test.com is encountered under test and not recognized under com, -D com will give you only stats about com excluding test.com! Use -A com for correct results. -Aaddress Report only on traffic from addresses whose end matches address e.g. -A test.domain.com will report on address ending with test.domain.com -ldepth Depth of path detail for sections -ssection Section to report on. e.g. -s /pub will report only on paths under /pub BUGS
No known bugs at this time. If you discover any bugs, please report at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8),proftpd.conf(5),xferlog(5) AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html CREDITS
This manual page was written by Francesco P. Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> and other Debian developers, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Please use the most appropriate mailing list listed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html for ftpstats related comments. Debian GNU/Linux October 30, 2002 FTPSTATS(8)