Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Filesystems automatically umounted Closed/Synced Post 302193168 by zxmaus on Thursday 8th of May 2008 05:52:19 PM
Old 05-08-2008
Do you have automount enabled for these filesystems ... than they might appear unmounted as long as they are not used.

Rgds
zx

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. Solaris

my netscap browser automatically closed

Hi, i have just installed Sun Solaris 8 on the sun sparc server but when i run the browers and write a site to open it my browers automatically closed and when i run the browers window again it again automatically closed again. can any body help me to resolve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adnangc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies
AUTOMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      AUTOMOUNT(8)

NAME
automount -- update autofs mounts SYNOPSIS
automount [-D name=value] [-L] [-c] [-f] [-o options] [-v] [-u] DESCRIPTION
When called without options, the automount command parses the auto_master(5) configuration file and any direct maps that it references, and mounts or unmounts autofs(4) filesystems to match. These options are available: -D Define a variable. It is only useful with -L. -L Do not mount or unmount anything. Instead parse auto_master(5) and any direct maps, then print them to standard output. When specified more than once, all the maps, including indirect ones, will be parsed and shown. This is useful when debugging configuration problems. -c Flush caches, discarding possibly stale information obtained from maps and directory services. -f Force unmount, to be used with -u. -o Specify mount options to be used along with the ones specified in the maps. It is only useful with -L. -u Try to unmount filesystems mounted by automountd(8). autofs(5) mounts are not unmounted. To unmount all autofs mounts, use umount -At autofs. -v Increase verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The automount utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Unmount all filesystems mounted by automountd(8): automount -u SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), autofs(5), automountd(8), autounmountd(8) HISTORY
The automount command appeared in FreeBSD 10.1. AUTHORS
The automount was developed by Edward Tomasz Napierala <trasz@FreeBSD.org> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
November 22, 2014 BSD