Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to scedule a script to be run on every second saturday in Month? Post 302193113 by varungupta on Thursday 8th of May 2008 02:15:36 PM
Old 05-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhsharma
Hello Friends,

In my project I have to schedule a script to be run on every second saturday (once in month). Can you please suggest what entry should I make in cron ?
Hey,

It depends that on which date "Second Saturday" comes in a particular month.
Make a cron job entry with following parameters :
00 23 ? * 6

This is at 00 minutes of hour 23 on Saturday Every Month execute the script. But ? denotes "Which Day of the Month" : this varies and as I said earlier "It depends that on which date 'Second Saturday' comes in a particular month."
Either you program it OR Fix the day of the month as 14th day of the month.

Then cron entry will be :
00 23 14 * 6

Hope you got what I am trying to convey.
Thanks.
Varun Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a day eg: saturday is the Last saturday of the month!

Hi, I need to develop a script to check for the day. If the day is a Saturday then the script should check if the Saturday is the last Saturday of the month so that certain set of instruction can be executed is it is the last Saturday. I do not want to use the crontab as this needs to be part... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run a script parallel for a month's worth:

Is there a utility that can be used in a shell script that would run a .sql file for 30 or 31 days in a month at the same time parallely. Please Advice. Thanks SD12. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the script for last day of the month

Hello Experts, I have a script which i want to run the on last day of every month. let say I have backup.sh script which i want to run it every month last day. Can anyone please help :confused: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the script on every 31st of month.....

Hello expert, I need a logic code {don't want to schedule into crontab} which can run some of my code on 31st of Jan, March, Mya, Aug, Oct, Dec..... Ex: if then echo "success" fi Please help me in achieving this Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cron on every second Saturday ??

Hi, Can anyone help in editing CRON (OR) write a script to run another script every second saturday?? I tried to make use of DATE command to find the day but couldnt proceed further. your help is highly appreciated! Thanks, Mahi (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron to get executed on 2nd and 4th saturday of every month

Hi , i need to reboot a server during 2nd and 4th saturday every month. i have come up with the below cron 30 17 8-14 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every second saturday 30 17 22-28 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every fourth saturday I am wondering why it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling on every 2nd Saturday of a Month

Hi ! I need ur help on a UNIX scheduling Concept understanding : If I need to schedule a job (Say ETL Datastage job) through a shell script using the Cron function to make it run on every second saturday of every month, How can I do it ? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script alternate week per month

Hi All, Requirement :- I have shell script in kern shell ,have to run alternate week per month example-today's date is 27 Mar 2013 and my script will run today then for the next time when it will run it should check 1st what was the last run date(27 Mar 2013) if it is matched 15days from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run on 2 4 and 7 day of the month

I am looking for a unix script which could run a job on 2, 4 and 7 working day of the month. if the days are falling on the saturday/sunday. it should run on the next day. Thank you.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on every last sunday of the month

Hi ALL, I have been testing this script to run for every last Sunday of the month,looks like month which have 5 sunday (july 2016 )is not passing this and failing every time. Here is what I am using, current_date=31 echo " CURRENT DAY -> $current_date" if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies
NL_LANGINFO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    NL_LANGINFO(3)

NAME
nl_langinfo -- get locale information LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> char * nl_langinfo(nl_item item); DESCRIPTION
The nl_langinfo() function returns a pointer to a string containing information set by the program's locale. The names and values of item are defined in <langinfo.h>. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3) category each item is defined. Constant Category Meaning CODESET LC_CTYPE Codeset name D_T_FMT LC_TIME String for formatting date and time D_FMT LC_TIME Date format string T_FMT LC_TIME Time format string T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME A.M. or P.M. time format string AM_STR LC_TIME Ante-meridiem affix PM_STR LC_TIME Post-meridiem affix DAY_1 LC_TIME Name of the first day of the week (e.g.: Sunday) DAY_2 LC_TIME Name of the second day of the week (e.g.: Monday) DAY_3 LC_TIME Name of the third day of the week (e.g.: Tuesday) DAY_4 LC_TIME Name of the fourth day of the week (e.g.: Wednesday) DAY_5 LC_TIME Name of the fifth day of the week (e.g.: Thursday) DAY_6 LC_TIME Name of the sixth day of the week (e.g.: Friday) DAY_7 LC_TIME Name of the seventh day of the week (e.g.: Saturday) ABDAY_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first day of the week ABDAY_2 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the second day of the week ABDAY_3 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the third day of the week ABDAY_4 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fourth day of the week ABDAY_5 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fifth day of the week ABDAY_6 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the sixth day of the week ABDAY_7 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week MON_1 LC_TIME Name of the first month of the year MON_2 LC_TIME Name of the second month MON_3 LC_TIME Name of the third month MON_4 LC_TIME Name of the fourth month MON_5 LC_TIME Name of the fifth month MON_6 LC_TIME Name of the sixth month MON_7 LC_TIME Name of the seventh month MON_8 LC_TIME Name of the eighth month MON_9 LC_TIME Name of the ninth month MON_10 LC_TIME Name of the tenth month MON_11 LC_TIME Name of the eleventh month MON_12 LC_TIME Name of the twelfth month ABMON_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first month ABMON_2 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the second month ABMON_3 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the third month ABMON_4 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fourth month ABMON_5 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fifth month ABMON_6 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the sixth month ABMON_7 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the seventh month ABMON_8 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the eighth month ABMON_9 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the ninth month ABMON_10 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the tenth month ABMON_11 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the eleventh month ABMON_12 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the twelfth month ERA LC_TIME Era description segments ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME Era date format string ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME Era date and time format string ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME Era time format string ALT_DIGITS LC_TIME Alternative symbols for digits RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC Radix character THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC Separator for thousands YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES Affirmative response expression NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES Negative response expression RETURN VALUES
nl_langinfo() returns a pointer to an empty string if item is invalid. EXAMPLES
The following example uses nl_langinfo() to obtain the date and time format for the current locale: #include <time.h> #include <langinfo.h> #include <locale.h> int main(void) { char datestring[100]; struct tm *tm; time_t t; char *ptr; t = time(NULL); tm = localtime(&t); (void)setlocale(LC_ALL, ""); ptr = nl_langinfo(D_T_FMT); strftime(datestring, sizeof(datestring), ptr, tm); printf("%s ", datestring); return (0); } SEE ALSO
setlocale(3), tm(3), nls(7) STANDARDS
The nl_langinfo() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The nl_langinfo() function appeared in NetBSD 1.0. BSD
April 14, 2011 BSD