Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deleteing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleteing Post 302192997 by aju_kup on Thursday 8th of May 2008 08:25:50 AM
Old 05-08-2008
Code:
grep "^[0-9].*" <filenames>

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing that something is deleteing

Hi there, I have a scritp that is clearing out old files from some directories, rather than echoing the name of the file when it gets deleted i want to echo a ". " I have tried to just echo it after the deletion but it lists like this . . . . I want to show it like this . . . . . . . . .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleteing .doc file

hi i ama dunmmies in Unix. I created a .doc file and copied it to unix via FTP as a ,doc file itself i want to delete that file , i tried with rm command it does not work file name is DDL's.doc plz help :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwalniru
2 Replies

3. Linux

Deleteing archived files

Hi, I need to remove files that are in archive directory and which are old. I can make use of find command to search for files which are older by number of days. But the problem is there are sub directories in directory 'archive' like 'sub1' 'sub2' 'sub3'. Now all files which are in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu_indian
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleteing duplicate lines sing uniq while ignoring a column

I have a data set that has 4 columns, I want to know if I can delete duplicate lines while ignoring one of the columns, for example 10 chr1 ASF 30 15 chr1 ASF 20 5 chr1 ASF 30 6 chr2 EBC 15 4 chr2 EBC 30 ... I want to know if I can delete duplicate lines while ignoring column 1, so the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)