Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with shell script execution Post 302192816 by anju on Thursday 8th of May 2008 01:21:33 AM
Old 05-08-2008
Data problem with shell script execution

Hi All,

i am running a shell script in which there is a command

`ps -ef | grep smon > db`

When i execute this command in the command prompt i am getting the desired output..but when the script is executed..the db file is getting created but with no values...I could not find the reason for it. Please help. This is really urgent .

Thanks in Advance
Anju

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with remote execution of script using telnet

Hi all, i am trying to remotely execute a script from a different server. this is the code that i use : #!bin/sh pwd (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "pwd" sleep 2 echo "cd /path/to/file" if then echo "script1.sh" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel execution of script/ synchro problem

Hi everybody, In a csh script, i need to run 4 time the same prog with different parameters. What i want is to run them in parallel. for this i use the command toto1.sh & toto2.sh & toto3.sh & toto4.sh For this I have no problem. In fact, I need to wait until all the programs are over to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with grep script (2 variables)

#!\bin\sh TEST=test.log GREP=\usr\bin\grep $GREP -i 'dog\|cat' ${TEST} Why doesn't grep run at all? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzaddict
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script

Hi all, I want to use perl string manipulation commands in my shell script. I have written following script. echo "enter name" read name perl -e '$m=length($name); echo $m it gives an error: unrecognized token in perl command line. do not suggest me an equivalent command of shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admc123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with csh script

Hi All, I have a small issue with my csh script which I am using to FTP a file. What I know is...there are two commands to execute script.. 'sh <file>' & '\<file>'. When I execute my script with command 'sh <file>', it gives me syntax error while it runs successfully with command '\<file>'. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndd
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with script execution from a DHCP event

Hi, I'm installing a DHCPD Server with the packages from a distro SLES11 SP1 (dhcp-server-3.1.1-7.12). And a DNS Server with PowerDNS: pdns-recursor-3.3-1 pdns-static-3.0-1 The DHCP update de DNS Server, but PowerDNS is not RFC 2135 compliant, and I have to update the MySQL register... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bypper
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Execution problem in shell script while insert into DB

Hi, am facing some problem while inserting a record into a script Please find script below. `sqlplus -s asdf/asdf123 <<eof! set feedback off; set heading off; set verify off; insert into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script for modifying a user

#/bin/sh echo "enter the user name" read $username echo "Enter new home directory" read $newhd usermod -d $newhd $username ;; error while executing : enter the user name Rev Enter new home directory: /home/58745 usermod: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try `usermod --help' or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
2 Replies
LUA(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LUA(1)

NAME
lua - Lua interpreter SYNOPSIS
lua [ options ] [ script [ args ] ] DESCRIPTION
lua is the stand-alone Lua interpreter. It loads and executes Lua programs, either in textual source form or in precompiled binary form. (Precompiled binaries are output by luac, the Lua compiler.) lua can be used as a batch interpreter and also interactively. The given options (see below) are executed and then the Lua program in file script is loaded and executed. The given args are available to script as strings in a global table named arg. If these arguments contain spaces or other characters special to the shell, then they should be quoted (but note that the quotes will be removed by the shell). The arguments in arg start at 0, which contains the string 'script'. The index of the last argument is stored in arg.n. The arguments given in the command line before script, including the name of the interpreter, are available in negative indices in arg. At the very start, before even handling the command line, lua executes the contents of the environment variable LUA_INIT, if it is defined. If the value of LUA_INIT is of the form '@filename', then filename is executed. Otherwise, the string is assumed to be a Lua statement and is executed. Options start with '-' and are described below. You can use '--' to signal the end of options. If no arguments are given, then -v -i is assumed when the standard input is a terminal; otherwise, - is assumed. In interactive mode, lua prompts the user, reads lines from the standard input, and executes them as they are read. If a line does not contain a complete statement, then a secondary prompt is displayed and lines are read until a complete statement is formed or a syntax error is found. So, one way to interrupt the reading of an incomplete statement is to force a syntax error: adding a ';' in the middle of a statement is a sure way of forcing a syntax error (except inside multiline strings and comments; these must be closed explicitly). If a line starts with '=', then lua displays the values of all the expressions in the remainder of the line. The expressions must be separated by commas. The primary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT, if this value is a string; otherwise, the default prompt is used. Similarly, the secondary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT2. So, to change the prompts, set the corresponding variable to a string of your choice. You can do that after calling the interpreter or on the command line (but in this case you have to be careful with quotes if the prompt string contains a space; otherwise you may confuse the shell.) The default prompts are "> " and ">> ". OPTIONS
- load and execute the standard input as a file, that is, not interactively, even when the standard input is a terminal. -e stat execute statement stat. You need to quote stat if it contains spaces, quotes, or other characters special to the shell. -i enter interactive mode after script is executed. -l name call require('name') before executing script. Typically used to load libraries. -v show version information. SEE ALSO
luac(1) http://www.lua.org/ DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages should be self explanatory. AUTHORS
R. Ierusalimschy, L. H. de Figueiredo, and W. Celes $Date: 2010/10/31 11:16:49 $ LUA(1)