Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A comparison of the multi-user facilities in Unix and Microsoft Windows. Post 302192800 by nadman123 on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 11:06:03 PM
Old 05-08-2008
A comparison of the multi-user facilities in Unix and Microsoft Windows.

hi guys
just give me some information about multi user facilities that unix offer in cmparison to windows.
Thanx

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphics microsoft windows on Unix

Does anyone know that exist a program on unix to use microsoft windows on remote pc ? I need a program that makes the opposite of Execed. I have a Sun workstation and I want to control a pc to use windows program. Thanks a lot for the answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amino
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

?Using Unix commands in Microsoft (Windows') DOS Prompt?

I ran a search for "Unix Dos" in the search field box and checked a few pages' results but did not find what I was looking for. I am trying to find out if there are choices of applications that would enable using Unix commands inside a Windows environment, particularly the DOS Prompt. The only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison Unix and Windows file sysytem

i want to know the similarities and disimilarities of Unix and Windows file systems . methods of file , file orgsnization , meaning of file extension , file and disk fragments :confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: localp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - 2 files comparison without for loop - multi-line issue

Greetings Experts, I need to handle the views created over monthly retention tables for which every new table in YYYYMMDD format, there is equivalent view created and the older table which might be dropped, the view over it has to be re-created over a dummy table so that it doesn't fail.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)