Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting a Number from Passage Post 302192768 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 06:15:15 PM
Old 05-07-2008
don't use grep.

try this

Code:
db2 -x "your sql query here" | read value

or

value=$(db2 -x "your sql query here")

echo $value

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting 10 digit number from txt files

Hi, Was wondering if you could give me an example of extracting a 10 digit number from 5 txt files using a regular expression (the number is always different ) and storing the numbers in variables Thanks C19 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a line based on line number

i want to cut all the entries from the /etc/passwd file in which the uid is> 500 for this i was writing this ,m quiet new to all this.. scripting but on the 6th n 8th line ,, i hav to specify a line number .. to get the commnd working .. but i want to use variable i instead of that ,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a number from a string

Hi everyone, I have a string as follow ts1n65ulpa4096x16m16_130a_ss1p08v125c i would like to extract 4096 and 16 from string and save it into two variable. but this string could also have the form ts1n65ulpa32x16m16_130a_ss1p08v125c therefore the number before "x" could be 2 or 3 digits. i use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting N lines match number X of a pattern

Hi All, as the title says I need to extract N lines after match number X of a pattern. e.g. 111 xxx xxx 111 yyy yyy 111 www www 111 zzz zzz I would like to extract the two lines after the second 111 occurrence. I tried with grep but I didn't find any options to do that. Any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column if above certain values and repeated over a number of times continuously

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to ask: i have a file in form with thousands of column id.1 A01 A01 A68 A68 id.2 A5 A5 A3 A3 1001 0 0 0.136 0.136 1002 0 0 0.262 0.183 1003 0 0 0.662 0.662 1004 0 0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeeuk
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a certain number with grep command

Hello Friends, when I type grep '275' myfile.txt it gives me all the lines including 275 but it also gives others such as 0.8827588 or 1127507. I only want the lines including 275. How can I extract only 275 without other numbers including 275. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me grab a passage out of this text file?

Hey guys, I need a command that grabs only this part of the .txt file (that is attached), and outputs it to another .txt file with only these contents below. Thanks in advanced brothers: Disk: Local Disk (C:), NTFS Disk Defragmentation Summary Disk Size 230.85 GB Free Space Size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aabbasi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting Number variable and the following digits.

HI all, I have output of something like this: crab: ExitCodes Summary >>>>>>>>> 12 Jobs with Wrapper Exit Code : 50117 List of jobs: 1-12 See https:///twiki/something/ for Exit Code meaning crab: ExitCodes Summary >>>>>>>>> 5 Jobs with Wrapper Exit Code : 8001 List of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting number of rows

if > wc -l data.txt > 100 (meaning there are 100 rows) i want to assgn 100 as n so that if i do >echo n it would give me 100 Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fixed length number from a text file

Hi, I have a text file with sample records as CASE ID: 20170218881083 Original presentment record for ARN not found for Re-presentment I want to extract the 23 digit number from this file. I thought of using grep but initially couldn't extract the required number. However, after... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
16 Replies
DB2_PCLOSE(3)								 1							     DB2_PCLOSE(3)

db2_pclose - Closes a persistent database connection

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_pclose (resource $resource) DESCRIPTION
This function closes a DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3) and returns the corresponding resources to the database server. Note This function is only available on i5/OS in response to i5/OS system administration requests. If you have a persistent DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3), you may use this function to close the connection. To avoid substantial connection performance penalties, this function should only be used in rare cases when the persistent connection has become unresponsive or the persistent connection will not be needed for a long period of time. PARAMETERS
o $connection - Specifies an active DB2 client connection. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Closing a persistent connection The following example demonstrates a successful attempt to close a connection to an IBM DB2 i5/OS database. <?php $conn = db2_pconnect('', '', ''); $rc = db2_pclose($conn); if ($rc) { echo "Connection was successfully closed."; } ?> The above example will output: Connection was successfully closed. SEE ALSO
db2_close(3), db2_pconnect(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PCLOSE(3)