Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: glibc error
Top Forums Programming glibc error Post 302192620 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 12:38:00 PM
Old 05-07-2008
There is also electric fence which can find buffer overruns for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install glibc-2.6.1

Hi, I have downloaded glibc-2.6.1.tar.tar. But I do not know how to install it on Xubuntu. Do you know ? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message about glibc

Hi I have a strange phenomenon on putty session connected to RHEL4 server. My session is active but without any activity for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly this message appears on the prompt : $ *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb66e0d50 *** Could you have an idea about it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

5. Programming

"GLIBC detected Error" for a simple C code.

Here is a simple program to find the vowels in the string. Output is fine. But I'm getting GLIBC detected as shown below : :eek: *** glibc detected *** ./VOWELS: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08b82013 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x59) ./VOWELS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranji Raj
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

got error when install glibc

hi all, i am play LFS recently. but i can not go on for a an error when install glibc. here is the error log: if test -r /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h && cmp -s /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stubs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h; \ then echo 'stubs.h unchanged'; \ else /usr/bin/install -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch to a certain version of glibc?

Hello, I currently have glibc 2.13. I was wondering if you could teach me how to switch to : glibc2.3.2 I would really appreciate it if you tell me how to do it step by step since I am a beginner . thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I come across the following error while configuring glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS:"These critical programs are missing or too old: ld". Please suggest me a solution for the same at the earliest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_2012
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
FENCE_NODE(8)							      cluster							     FENCE_NODE(8)

NAME
fence_node - a utility to run fence agents SYNOPSIS
fence_node [OPTIONS] nodename DESCRIPTION
This utility runs a fence agent against nodename. The agent and args are taken from the running cluster configuration based on clus- ter.conf(5). fence_node is a wrapper around the libfence functions: fence_node() and unfence_node(). These libfence functions use libccs to read the node fencing configuration, which means that corosync (with cman and ccs) must be running to use fence_node(8). The fenced(8) daemon is the main user of libfence:fence_node(), and the configuration details for that function are given in the fenced(8) man page. Fencing vs. Unfencing The main use for unfencing is with storage/SAN (non-power) agents. When using power-based fencing agents, the fencing action itself is supposed to turn a node back on after first turning the power off (this happens automatically with a "reboot" action, and needs to be configured explicitly as "off" + "on" otherwise.) When using storage-based fencing agents, the fencing action is not allowed to re-enable a node after disabling it. Re-enabling a fenced node is only safe once the node has been rebooted. A natural way to re-enable a fenced node's access to storage, is for that node to re- enable the access itself during its startup process. The cman init script calls fence_node -U (nodename defaults to local nodename when unfencing). Unfencing a node without an <unfence> configuration (see below) is a no-op. The basic differences between fencing and unfencing: Fencing 1. libfence: fence_node(), command line: fence_node nodename 2. Turns off or disables a node. 3. Agents run with the default action of "off", "disable" or "reboot". 4. Performed by a cluster node against another node that fails (by the fenced daemon). Unfencing 1. libfence: unfence_node(), command line: fence_node -U nodename 2. Turns on or enables a node. 3. Agents run with the explicit action of "on" or "enable". 4. Performed by a cluster node "against" itself during startup (by the cman init script). OPTIONS
-U Unfence the node, default local node name. -v Show fence agent results, -vv to also show agent args. -h Print a help message describing available options, then exit. -V Print program version information, then exit. FILES
The Unfencing/unfence_node() configuration is very similar to the Fencing/fence_node() configuration shown in fenced(8). Unfencing is only performed for a node with an <unfence> section: <clusternode name="node1" nodeid="1"> <fence> </fence> <unfence> </unfence> </clusternode> The <unfence> section does not contain <method> sections like the <fence> section does. It contains <device> references directly, which mirror the corresponding device sections for <fence>, with the notable addition of the explicit action of "on" or "enable". The same <fencedevice> is referenced by both fence and unfence <device> lines, and the same per-node args should be repeated. <clusternode name="node1" nodeid="1"> <fence> <method name="1"> <device name="myswitch" foo="x"/> </method> </fence> <unfence> <device name="myswitch" foo="x" action="on"/> </unfence> </clusternode> SEE ALSO
fenced(8) cluster 2009-12-21 FENCE_NODE(8)