Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MMU exception
Operating Systems Linux MMU exception Post 302192618 by Puntino on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 12:35:54 PM
Old 05-07-2008
It could be true. e.g. in C if you make a mistake using the pointer you get
this kind of error but I'd like to know what happen to the process responsible for the exception.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@

Hi, I am trying to understand the significance of the special variables $!,$@ and $? in perl. I have a code block as follows: eval { Code Segment 1: #authenticating to the remote server $ftpobj -> login($username,$password) or die "Can't login to $remote_host"; ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hi All , I am unable to reinstall the OS on my Ultra Sparc 10. After the 1st CD is loaded when it goes for reboot its goes to ok prompt an its unable to boot. What could be reason for this behavior? while loading the OS its seems fine but unable to boot!! Then i tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

fast data access mmu miss

hello, before i have install solaris 9, is good. I would like to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a Sun Blade 150 blade. I create cdrom iso burning with a 10x was open I made a boot ok: boot cdrom I get the following error: fast data access mmu miss i do probe-ide all reset-all always ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception handling

Sometimes when I try to use curl to upload to an ftp server, I get the message: $curl -T file.wmv ftp.eu.filesonic.com --user user:password curl: (8) Got a 421 ftp-server response when 220 was expected How do I get the script to try again if I get the message curl: (8)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

5. Programming

Exception Handling C++

Hello All, I have a question ....which I am totally confused about! If I have a fxn foo in a program which returns a logical value. But it has a posssiblity to throw some exception. Now my exception handler returns a value as a string stating why the exception occured. But my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 7 exception

Hi all, An application works well under 2.6 but under 7 it gives TEXT_IO exceptions. (Is_Open, Check_Is_Open, Get_Line procedures). Any idea? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endoavour
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: exception using AWK

I have following file: NAME=ora.DG1.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.orlene.DG2.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=OFFLINE NAME=ora.MN.acfs TYPE=ora.registry.acfs.type TARGET=ONLINE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Check kernel SHM_SHARE MMU

hiii, how can view the value of SHM_SHARE MMU on solaris 10? tnx or the answer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietro1984
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
ASSERT_PERROR(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  ASSERT_PERROR(3)

NAME
assert_perror - test errnum and abort SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <assert.h> void assert_perror(int errnum); DESCRIPTION
If the macro NDEBUG was defined at the moment <assert.h> was last included, the macro assert_perror() generates no code, and hence does nothing at all. Otherwise, the macro assert_perror() prints an error message to standard error and terminates the program by calling abort(3) if errnum is nonzero. The message contains the filename, function name and line number of the macro call, and the output of str- error(errnum). RETURN VALUE
No value is returned. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------------+---------------+---------+ |assert_perror() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
This is a GNU extension. BUGS
The purpose of the assert macros is to help programmers find bugs in their programs, things that cannot happen unless there was a coding mistake. However, with system or library calls the situation is rather different, and error returns can happen, and will happen, and should be tested for. Not by an assert, where the test goes away when NDEBUG is defined, but by proper error handling code. Never use this macro. SEE ALSO
abort(3), assert(3), exit(3), strerror(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 ASSERT_PERROR(3)