Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed error - using reserved letters Post 302192465 by penchal_boddu on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 02:22:43 AM
Old 05-07-2008
Hi Karthik,

sed '/(.*)/d' file.txt

--penchal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS and NIS reserved ports

Does anyone know how to assign rpc ports to NFS or NIS processes on Solaris please ? Thanks, Michael Chnader (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchnaider
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

chkcount variable in bash reserved?

Hi, im experiencing a really strange thing: _____________________________ #!/bin/bash chkcount=0 chkcountmax=3 while ((chkcount < chkcountmax)) do echo "chkcount=$chkount" echo "chkcountmax=$chkountmax" ((chkcount++)) done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tho99
1 Replies

3. Hardware

/dev/rmt/0mn: write protected or reserved

# mt stat HP DDS-4 DAT (Sun) tape drive: sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense residual= 0 retries= 0 file no= 0 block no= 0 mt -f /dev/rmt/0mn erase /dev/rmt/0mn: write protected or reserved. Getting error while ufsdump .... --- Dumping / to /dev/rmt/0mn --- DUMP: Date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickyingle5
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/dev/rmt/0mn: write protected or reserved

# mt stat HP DDS-4 DAT (Sun) tape drive: sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense residual= 0 retries= 0 file no= 0 block no= 0 mt -f /dev/rmt/0mn erase /dev/rmt/0mn: write protected or reserved. Getting error while ufsdump .... --- Dumping / to /dev/rmt/0mn --- DUMP: Date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyingle5
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put parentheses around all capital letters using SED

Hello everyone I tell you that I'm trying to do a bash program that can put parentheses around each capital letter of each line using SED. I tell you probe with: sed -e '1,$s/A/(A)/g' "$file" but only add parentheses in A. then tested with: sed 'y/AB/(A)(B)/' "$archivo" but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command, look for numbers following letters

If I have a set of strings, C21 F231 H42 1C10 1F113 and I want to isolate the ints following the char, what would the sed string be to find numbers after letters? If I do, *, I will get numbers after letters, but I am looking to do something like, sed 's/*/\t*/g' this will give me... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

7. AIX

Question about reserved memory

Hi! maybe a stupid question but i recall fixing this issue before (or something similar), On one of my frames I have a huge amount of reserved memory. 25GB to be exact. I am running out of memory and need to add a new lpar. I can't remember exactly how i fixed this issue before and it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - extract a group of Letters/numbers

I have a file with hundreds of lines in it. I wanted to extract anything that matches the following: KR followed by 4 digits: example KR1201 cat list | sed "s///g" Is the closest I've come, and obviously it is not what I want. This would remove all of the items that I want and leave me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex for one to four letters (sed) not GNUsed

I have regular sed on my computer. I am trying to find out a regex for one-four letters. I have tried (\{1,4\} This will match one or four characters, but what if the expression has two characters? Like AB1234 I don't have GNUsed and am having trouble with this regex. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)