Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Forking with Tclsh vs Wish
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Forking with Tclsh vs Wish Post 302192272 by ramen_noodle on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 02:13:11 PM
Old 05-06-2008
Wish is the graphical toolkit 'shell' of TCL/TK. Obviously it tries to connect to the X server on your platform. If you don't want the errors output catch the kill and wait commands.

TclX and wish or expect and wish are not guaranteed to work well together.
See here: TclX

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forking

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation with the schedular functionality it will help a lot. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
3 Replies

2. Programming

forking process.

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int main() { pid_t pID; int i; for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) { pID = fork (); if (pID == 0) { printf ("Value of i --> %d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymthasneem
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tclsh

In bash wen we press tab the name of the files get completed automatically. Likewise there is no auto completion feature in tclsh. Any idea if there is any way to get this feature or should we implement ?? Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you explain me a tclsh file?

Hello, I got a file I am using, but I cannot understand what this file is doing... Can someone explain? Here is a part of the file: #! /usr/bin/tclsh set mctal r] set pow set SS set a set b set c set d set e set f set g set h (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set Field Separator for TCLSH??? :S

Hi, I am having a problem, with setting the FS in TCLSH, maybe someone knows the answer. I have a Tclsh/Tk script, and i´m trying to get all (only) the running processes for the given user like this: foreach process { puts stdout $process; } This also works, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laptop87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec tclsh

As a part of learning shell scripting I was just going through some already created scripts there I found- exec tclsh "$0" $(1+"$@") Here I was able to find what exec ,tclsh does & o/p of same but I could not find usage & output of $(1+"$@"). Can anybody pls expalain me usage details of it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rediffmail
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking and Pinging

Keep in mind that I haven't done Perl scripting for a LONG time, so I'm quite rusty. This is what I would like to do: - using fork, create 3 or 4 processes to read 3 or 4 different text documents containing server names or IP addresses - in each of those processes, Perl will ping each of those... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
7 Replies

8. Programming

Parent forking

My question is, how do you fork only the parent processes in unix? For example how would I use the fork function to fork the parent process more than once and leave the children processes alone. This way I do not have children of children. The way I have it set up now it the parent process forks 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TWhitt24
7 Replies

9. Programming

need help in forking

I have an input file with contents like: 5785690|68690|898809 7960789|89709|789789 7669900|87865|659708 7869098|65769|347658 so on.. I need to pass this file to 10 parallely running processes (forking)so that each line is processed by a process and no line is processed twice and write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to unix command or script inside tclsh

hi everobody kindly consider the following in tclsh I understand that we can do the following %exec UnixCmd arg1 arg2 but if I assinged the arguments to a list insde tclsh how can I use them back i.e %set ArgList %exec UnixCmd %exec Unixcmd $list %exec all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blue_shadow
1 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::Fork; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjuction with the check_for_dequeue setting. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-03 Net::Server::Fork(3)