Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: city wide connection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers city wide connection Post 302192176 by era on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 07:51:20 AM
Old 05-06-2008
Firewalls etc are just the start, you don't want anybody to be able to DOS the terminals just by sending them lots of junk packets or whatever. The less you expose to the rest of the world, the better. For security, it might even be better to use some obscure frequency or protocol which would-be intruders might not even detect simply by bringing a laptop and run wireshark for a while.

For securing the actual communications, I guess regular VPN solutions should work.

You might get more useful feedback from some embedded developers forum or some such. If you are going to be using e.g. QNX or something then those guys probably have lots more field experience of similar deployments.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

For China members:which city do you live?

hi guys: i am live in Changsha China , i am study here . which city do you live? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdream
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

divide the file into multiple files based on the city name

Hi, I have a file abc.dat. It contains the fileds of empid, empname, empcity. each city contains 10 records. i want to create the city file and pass the same city records into the file. I don't know the city names. In unix using awk command how can we do? abc.dat: 1 john delhi 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghukreddy.ab
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

For Indian Members: What City Do You Live?

A Tribute to India For our Indian members, please let us know in the poll what city you live (or work)? Mumbai (Bombay) Delhi Kolkata (Calcutta) Chennai (Madras) Bangalore Hyderabad Pune Ahmedabad Kanpur Surat Other (Please Tell Us in Post and Write in Poll, Thanks!) Don't Live in... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
32 Replies
gst-feedback(1) 						   User Commands						   gst-feedback(1)

NAME
gst-feedback - generate debug information for GStreamer bug reports SYNOPSIS
gst-feedback DESCRIPTION
gst-feedback scans the system for various types of information that is useful to GStreamer developers to help diagnose user problems. Depending on the type of bug report, it might be useful to attach gst-feedback output when you contact the developers. Note: The current version of this script scans many directories: /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /home, /usr/include, /usr/local/include, and /home (again) for various GStreamer installations. Depending on your system, you might not want to do this. Note: gst-feedback dumps a lot of information about a system. Some of this information might be considered sensitive. If this is a con- cern, review the information before posting to a public forum such as the GStreamer bug tracking system. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating Feedback Information example% gst-feedback Example 2: Generating Feedback Information and Redirecting Output to a File example% gst-feedback &> myfeedback FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-feedback Executable to generate debug info for GStreamer bug reports ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.10(3), attributes(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://www.gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 14 Oct 2004 gst-feedback(1)