Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL uc help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL uc help Post 302191902 by talashil on Monday 5th of May 2008 10:43:30 AM
Old 05-05-2008
oky,I have code like this in a procedure ..

if ( uc($server) eq uc($1) ) {

blah ... blah ....

}

My $server value is +ASM1.

and $1 value is also : +ASM1

but from the codeline they supposed to match ( I guess) , but they are not ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing date formats in Perl: i.e. Jul/10/2007 -> 20070710 (yyyymmdd) - Perl

Hi , This script working for fine if pass script-name.sh Jul/10/2007 ,I want to pass 20070710(yyyymmdd) .Please any help it should be appereciated. use Time::Local; my $d = $ARGV; my $t = $ARGV; my $m = ""; @d = split /\//, $d; @t = split /:/, $t; if ( $d eq "Jan" ) { $m = 0 }... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
radiusd.conf(5) 					   FreeRADIUS configuration file					   radiusd.conf(5)

NAME
radiusd.conf - configuration file for the FreeRADIUS server DESCRIPTION
The radiusd.conf file resides in the radius database directory, by default /etc/raddb. It defines the global configuration for the FreeRA- DIUS RADIUS server. CONTENTS
There are a large number of configuration parameters for the server. Most are documented in the file itself as comments. This page docu- ments only the format of the file. Please read the radiusd.conf file itself for more information. The configuration file parser is independent of the server configuration. This means that you can put almost anything into the configura- tion file. So long as it is properly formatted, the server will start. When the server parses the configuration file, it looks only for those configurations it understands. Extra configuration items are ignored. This "feature" can be (ab)used in certain interesting ways. FILE FORMAT
The file format is line-based, like many other Unix configuration files. Each entry in the file must be placed on a line by itself, although continuations are supported. The file consists of configuration items (variable = value pairs), sections, and comments. Variables Variables can be set via: name = value Single and double-quoted strings are permitted: string1 = "hello world" string2 = 'hello mom' Sections A section begins with a section name, followed on the same line by an open bracket '{'. Section may contain other sections, com- ments, or variables. Sections may be nested to any depth, limited only by available memory. A section ends with a close bracket '}', on a line by itself. section { ... } Sections can sometimes have a second name following the first one. The situations where this is legal depend on the context. See the examples and comments in the radiusd.conf file for more information. section foo { ... } Comments Any line beginning with a (#) is deemed to be a comment, and is ignored. Comments can appear after a variable or section defini- tions. # comment foo = bar # set variable 'foo' to value 'bar' section { # start of section ... } # end of section Continuations Long lines can be broken up via continuations, using '' as the last character of the line. For example, the following entry: foo = "blah blah blah" will set the value of the variable "foo" to "blah blah blah". Any CR or LF is not turned into a space, but all other whitespace is preserved in the final value. REFERENCES
The value of a variable can reference another variable. These references are evaluated when the configuration file is loaded, which means that there is no run-time cost associated with them. This feature is most useful for turning long, repeated pieces of text into short ones. Variables are referenced by ${variable_name}, as in the following examples. foo = bar # set variable 'foo' to value 'bar' who = ${foo} # sets variable 'who' to value of variable 'foo' my = "${foo} a" # sets variable 'my' to "bar a" If the variable exists in a section or subsection, it can be referenced as ${section.subsection.variable}. Forward references are not allowed. Relative references are allowed, by pre-pending the name with one or more period. blogs = ${.foo} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable foo, from the current section. blogs = ${..foo} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable foo, from the section which contains the current section. blogs = ${modules.detail.filename} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable filename, of the detail module, which is in the modules section of the configuration file. Properties of anonymous parent sections may also be referenced, currently name and instance are supported. modules { example foo { file = ${.:name} } } Will set variable file to the name of the containing section (example). modules { example foo { file = ${.:instance} } } Will set variable file to the instance name of the containing section (foo). modules { example foo { file = ${..:name} } } Will set variable file to the name of the parent of the containing section (modules). FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8) unlang(5) AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 28 Jun 2013 radiusd.conf(5)