Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX study Guides
Operating Systems AIX AIX study Guides Post 302191858 by secofr on Monday 5th of May 2008 07:03:57 AM
Old 05-05-2008
AIX study Guides

Please help me in getting some fine docs ( other than redbooks)to learn AIX.

My mail ID: qsecofr400@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Study Guides

I am currently working on my Solaris 8.0 Certification ,and I've been working primarily with the Solaris Study Guide produced by Syngress & Osborne. It's a good study guide ,but I think that it does lack some clarity and detail! My question is ,are there any other Solaris Study Guides that could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015 Can anyone recommend some good study guides?

Hello, I'm going to be studying for my Solaris 9 System Administrator Certification and wondered if anyone had taken the exams and could recommend some good study guides / crams / books. Cheers, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unrealuk
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Mail server guides/tutorials?

solved issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0rus
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle guides for exams

hi people, I am very much interested to Oracle. I decided to write one exam soon and I am refering guides from certmagic.com. It seems good. Any of you know any good books than this ?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer_me
0 Replies

5. AIX

Study AIX

Hi Friends iam planning to do AIX course. I have experiance in Solaris10. I need to know which is the Latest AIX version in the industry using.. If possible can u give me some ideas about AIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Good Practice Guides

A recent post where someone suggested redirecting with a clobber ">" to a file the same command was reading from prompted me to post this sysad good practice list. Some items are from times where I have learned things the hard way. I think this would be helpful so we can learn from each others... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
8 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)							 xdg-email Manual						      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri | address(es)] xdg-email {--help | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHORS
Kevin Krammer Author. Jeremy White Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 xdg-utils 1.0 08/18/2014 XDG-EMAIL(1)