Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VxVM replacement of c1t0do in rootdg group Post 302191420 by pzxkys on Friday 2nd of May 2008 01:26:40 PM
Old 05-02-2008
VxVM replacement of c1t0do in rootdg group

Not too familiar with VxVM. We have a Device c1t0d0, disk rootdg01, group rootdg that was paired with Device c1t1d0, disk mirror_1, group rootdg.

c1t0d0 has failed.

When we get a replacement for c1t0d0 can we just run vxdiskadm and choose choice #5 to "replace a failed or removed disk" ?

Will it be that simple?

Thanks!

Marty

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VXVM 3.5 Rootdg corrupt/recovery

Hi Everyone! Would someone please tell me if it is still true that rootdg should not be used for production/primary data and that you should create additional disk groups so that if rootdg gets corrupt you can recreate rootdg and then bring in the other groups with no data loss. Or is it still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: llrios
0 Replies

2. Solaris

wrongly encapsulated appdg instead of rootdg

hi guys, i was doing a fresh installation of vxvm 4.0 on solaris 8 Sun enterprise 3500 and when i ran vxinstall command it gave me option of appdg and appdg02 to be encapsulated . I wanted to encapsulate rootdg. i wrongly encapsulated appdg. is there any work around for this ? your response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
5 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

Hi All I do have a file like this with 6 columns. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 1 12 26 289 3.2e-027 GCGTATGGCGGC 2 12 26 215 6.7e+006 TTCCACCTTTTG 3 9 26 175 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

8. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Removing a VxVM disk from a Disk Group

Hello all, So I made a rookie mistake today. I forgot to remove my disk from my disk group, before running the following command:for i in `ioscan -fnN | awk /NO/'{print $3}'` do rmsf -H $i done I am trying to run the following command, but not having any luck obviously:vxdg -g dgvol1 rmdisk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkejames2
0 Replies
vxmirror(1M)															      vxmirror(1M)

NAME
vxmirror - mirror volumes on a disk or control default mirroring SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no ] [-t tasktag ] medianame [new_medianame...] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no ] [-t tasktag ] -a [new_medianame...] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup] -D DESCRIPTION
The vxmirror command provides a mechanism to mirror all non-mirrored volumes that are located on a specified disk, to mirror all currently non-mirrored volumes in the specified disk group, or to change or display the current defaults for mirroring. All volumes that have only a single plex (mirror copy), are mirrored by adding an additional plex. Volumes containing subdisks that reside on more than one disk are not mirrored by vxmirror. vxmirror is generally called from the vxdiskadm menus. It is not an interactive command, and after it is called, continues until comple- tion of the operation or until a failure is detected. Note: Generating mirror copies of volumes can take a considerable time to complete. In the first listed form of this command, the disk media name is supplied on the command line to vxmirror. That name is assumed to be the only disk from which volumes are mirrored. In the case of mirroring volumes from a specified disk, only simple single-subdisk volumes are mirrored. In the first and second listed forms of the command, new_medianame... identifies a new disk media name (or set of names). The mirroring operation uses these names as targets on which to allocate the mirrors. An error results if the same disk is specified for both the source and target disk and if no other viable targets are supplied. Hardware-Specifc Note Some environments provide guidelines to optimize the VxVM's interaction with intelligent storage systems. If these guidelines are present, VxVM follows the guidelines when creating volumes or allocating space for volumes. By default, vxmirror only creates mirror volumes that conform with these guidelines. The following options change the behavior of vxmirror: -o override Creates a mirror of the specified volume and ignores any storage-specific guidelines. Overriding the guidelines is not recom- mended as it can result in incompatible objects, or objects that cannot be administered by VxVM. -o verify Verifies that the specified mirror can be created without violating any storage-specific guidelines, but does not create the plex. If any guidelines are violated, vxmirror exits with an error message. Note: These options need a specific license. Without the license, vxmirror ignores the specified option. OPTIONS
-a Mirrors all existing volumes for the specified disk group. -d yes | no Changes the default for subsequent volume creation, depending on the option argument. If yes, then all subsequent volumes cre- ated automatically become mirrored volumes. If no, then mirroring is turned off for future volumes created. -D Displays current default status for mirroring. -g diskgroup Limits operation of the command to the given disk group, as specified by disk group ID or disk group name. The medianame oper- ands are evaluated relative to the given disk group. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -t tasktag Specifies using a tasktag as the tag for any tasks created to perform the mirror operations. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors all non-mirrored volumes on disk disk01 to the available space on any other available disk. Subsequent calls to vxassist mirror created volumes by default. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror -d yes disk01 This command displays the current status of default mirroring. It outputs the string yes if mirroring is currently enabled, or no if mir- roring is not enabled. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror -D This command mirrors any volumes on disk02 to disk03. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror disk02 disk03 FILES
/etc/default/vxassist The defaults file for vxassist parameters. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxtask(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxmirror(1M)