Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Max sessions a single user can've on Solaris server at the same time Post 302191152 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 1st of May 2008 04:26:05 PM
Old 05-01-2008
you post the same question 4 times... closed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max FTP sessions?

Hi, Can anyone please tell me - 1. The command to find the number of maximum FTP sessions that can be opened by a server with other servers? 2. The command to find the number of FTP sessions open on a server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miltonkeynesguy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 5.6 single user mode

Hi We are performing a level 0 dump of our server having Solaris 5.6 . I wanted to be sure about taking the server to single user and multi user mode on solaris server. single user mode : init 1 multiuser mode (restart) : init 6 is the above procedure correct for solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

3. Linux

Max Number of remote X sessions

Hello all, I'm looking to implement a Linux server that will host up to 60 simultaneous X sessions, all running firefox to a secured web interface. Does anyone have any experience sizing a system like this? The reason for the setup isn't as important (Since I really don't understand why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
1 Replies

4. AIX

Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi, A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time? regards, Roshni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give user name and password in a single command to login to remote server

Hello All, I'm new to unix and i need the below favour from you. I have list of 50 unix server. I need to login to all the server one by one and with the same user and password. I will declare the user name and password globally in the script. for example : servername- hyperV user name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari A
4 Replies

6. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Howto solve this disk error in Solaris in single user mode

Hi all, OS is Solaros 10 Sparc While doing Netbackup upgradation to 7.5 , the server was asked to reboot. But then it came up in single user mode, and after I typed format command it showed some disk error. bash-3.00# format Searching for disks...WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find number of ACTIVE SSH putty sessions, excluding where the user hopped on to a diff server

Hi - If iam logged on to server A, on 4 putty windows using SSH ... and out of these 4 logged-in sessions, in one of the sessions if i did SSH from server A to server B; i would now have 4 putty windows sessions ... of which 3 are actively logged on to Server A while 1 putty window is actively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)