Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Sed to duplicate a section of a file.... Post 302191058 by ghostdog74 on Thursday 1st of May 2008 11:18:43 AM
Old 05-01-2008
Code:
awk '
/section 2/ {f=1}
/section 3/{
  f=0; 
  for(i=1;i<=c;i++) print a[i]  
}
f{ print; a[++c]=$0 }
!f{ print}
' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Lines per Section

Hello, I am in need of removing duplicate lines from within a file per section. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5 593.5000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Placing Duplicate Lines per section into another file

Hello, I need help in putting duplicate lines within a section into another file. Here is what I'm struggling with: Using this file “data.txt”: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate Line Report per Section

I've been working on a script (/bin/sh) in which I have requested and received help here (in which I am very grateful for!). The client has modified their requirements (a tad), so without messing up the script to much, I come once again for assistance. Here are the file.dat contents: ABC1... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a section of a file if...

i have a file as below that has n section : 2006 0101 1236 49.3 L 37.902 48.482 0.0 Teh 5 0.2 2.7LTeh 1 GAP=238 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch a section from a file

Hi, I have a file like... $cat file1 +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3 ------ ----- ----- (0 rows affected) ========================================================= +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify particular section using sed?

Hi, I have following data in a file. Not all but most of the lines start with letter 'T' has 8 SPACES from column 121 to 128 and I want to replace that portion with some dummy value. Is it possible through sed? Input File:- T1111111111111A 20140310000000005076358416369283 AAAAA ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Section Removal With sed; and With a Twist . . .

Hello folks! Raised a bump on my head trying to figure this one out ;) I have an xml file which needs to be edited, removing an entire property section in the work. Here's what the target section layout looks like: <property name="something"> {any number of lines go here} </property>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
7 Replies
Ns_Master(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				     Ns_Master(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_MasterLock, Ns_MasterUnlock - Enter and leave the single master critical section lock SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" void Ns_MasterLock(void) void Ns_MasterUnlock(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The single master critical section lock is used throughout the core server to protect portions of code from being run by more than one thread at a time. These are convenience functions which actually make calls to Ns_CsEnter and Ns_CsLeave to perform the locking and unlock- ing function. You should not use these functions in your modules. To protect critical sections in your modules you should create and initialize your own named locks, then wrap your critical sections with calls to Ns_CsEnter and Ns_CsLeave. Ns_MasterLock() Enter the single master lock. The thread that holds this lock is guaranteed exclusive access to the section of code that follows the call to Ns_MasterLock. Other threads that attempt to enter the master critical section while another thread owns the master lock will block until the owning thread releases the master lock. Be extremely careful with code you place within the master critical section. If the thread that owns the master lock blocks for any reason while in the master critical section, other threads that need to enter that section of code will block until the master lock is released. Ns_MasterUnlock() Leave the single master critical section. The thread that owns the lock must release it after the critical section of code has com- pleted so that other threads may execute the critical section code. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n), Ns_CsEnter(3), Ns_CsLeave(3) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Master(3aolserver)