Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Sed to duplicate a section of a file.... Post 302191058 by ghostdog74 on Thursday 1st of May 2008 11:18:43 AM
Old 05-01-2008
Code:
awk '
/section 2/ {f=1}
/section 3/{
  f=0; 
  for(i=1;i<=c;i++) print a[i]  
}
f{ print; a[++c]=$0 }
!f{ print}
' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Lines per Section

Hello, I am in need of removing duplicate lines from within a file per section. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5 593.5000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Placing Duplicate Lines per section into another file

Hello, I need help in putting duplicate lines within a section into another file. Here is what I'm struggling with: Using this file “data.txt”: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate Line Report per Section

I've been working on a script (/bin/sh) in which I have requested and received help here (in which I am very grateful for!). The client has modified their requirements (a tad), so without messing up the script to much, I come once again for assistance. Here are the file.dat contents: ABC1... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a section of a file if...

i have a file as below that has n section : 2006 0101 1236 49.3 L 37.902 48.482 0.0 Teh 5 0.2 2.7LTeh 1 GAP=238 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch a section from a file

Hi, I have a file like... $cat file1 +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3 ------ ----- ----- (0 rows affected) ========================================================= +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify particular section using sed?

Hi, I have following data in a file. Not all but most of the lines start with letter 'T' has 8 SPACES from column 121 to 128 and I want to replace that portion with some dummy value. Is it possible through sed? Input File:- T1111111111111A 20140310000000005076358416369283 AAAAA ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Section Removal With sed; and With a Twist . . .

Hello folks! Raised a bump on my head trying to figure this one out ;) I have an xml file which needs to be edited, removing an entire property section in the work. Here's what the target section layout looks like: <property name="something"> {any number of lines go here} </property>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
7 Replies
ppd_emit_to_file(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       ppd_emit_to_file(3)

NAME
ppd_emit_to_file, ppd_emit_to_fd - Output device specific code. SYNOPSIS
#include <ppd/ppd.h> gboolean ppd_emit( PpdFile * ppd,FILE *fp,PpdSectionOrder section ); gboolean ppd_emitfd( PpdFile * ppd, int fd,PpdSectionOrder section ); DESCRIPTION
The ppd_emit_* functions output the device specific code appropriate to the specified section that has not already been emitted.. The PpdFile pointer is obtained from opening a PPD file via the ppd_load(3) family of functions. The section can be any one of the following: PPD_ORDER_ANY Option code can be anywhere in the file PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT Option code must be in the DocumentSetup section PPD_ORDER_EXIT Option code must be sent prior to the document PPD_ORDER_JCL Option code must be sent as a JCL command PPD_ORDER_PAGE Option code must be in the PageSetup section PPD_ORDER_PROLOG Option code must be in the Prolog section The sections PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT and PPD_ORDER_PAGE will also output code from the PPD_ORDER_ANY section. Once a code section has been emitted it is marked as such and will not be emitted unless it is re-marked. EXAMPLE
/* Setup code to emitted */ ppd_mark_defaults(ppd); ppd_mark_option(ppd,"Duplex","DuplexNoTumble"); ppd_mark_option(ppd,"PageSize","A4"); /* Emit initial code (including any reset and JCL code) */ ppd_emit_to_file(ppd,stdout,PPD_ORDER_EXIT); fputs(ppd->jcl_begin->str,stdout); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_JCL); fputs(ppd->jcl_ps->str, stdout); /* Any header comments go here */ ... /* Prolog section */ printf("%%%%BeginProlog0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_PROLOG); printf("%%%%EndProlog0); /* Setup section */ printf("%%%%BeginSetup0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_DOCUMENT); printf("%%%%EndSetup0); /* Main document begins */ for (...) { printf("%%%%Page: 1 10); /* Re-mark so that this is emitted on each page */ ppd_mark_option(ppd,"PageSize","A4"); printf("%%%%PageSetup0); ppd_emit_to_file(ppd, stdout, PPD_ORDER_PAGE); printf("%%%%EndPageSetup0); /* Page info goes here */ ... } /* Send ending JCL code */ fputs(ppd->jcl_end->str,stdout); SEE ALSO
ppd_file_new(3), ppd_file_free(3) ppd_emit_to_file(3)