Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to capture status code and echo a message Post 302190571 by laknar on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 03:34:25 AM
Old 04-30-2008
To Skip File does not exist line using grep

ls -lrt *20080430 | grep -v | wc -l

ls: 0653-341 The file *20080430 does not exist.

We need to skip File does not exist like like total using grep command

can any one help how to acheive this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh Prgram to capture Log message.

Hi All, I have a log file which consists of log messages as follows -> GLOBALCALLID_CLUSTERID_B NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER JOINONBEHALFOF NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER Record 1: Rejected - Error on table IFA_MMV_CDR, column CDRRECORDTYPE.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Status to echo'd line after process completes

Hello All, I'm very new to scripting and I'm writing a very simple script to restart a couple processes because I'm getting to lazy to cd between directories. This is pretty much my first script and I just want to add a little cosmetics to it. Here's what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture actual error message when a command fails to execute

I want to capture actual error message in case the commands I use in my shell script fails. For eg: ls -l abc.txt 2>>errorlog.txt In this case I understand the error message is written to the errorlog.txt and I assume its bacause the return code from the command ls -l abc might return 2 if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Capture system call error message.

Hi, I googled a bit, but could not find the answer to my problem. But I am sure it is a common issue. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; sub remsh_test() { my $host = $_; printf "\n----\n\n"; printf "remsh to $host with system call\n"; my $result = system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo message when file is empty.

If a file is empty then it must print the message "no data found" eg: if then echo "no data found" your help is really appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zpool status -v erros message

# zpool status -v pool: pool1 state: ONLINE status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected. action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the entire pool from backup. see:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string in all files and echo a message

Hi. I m trying to figure out how to do this. I have a directory full of files (100 files) and I want to be able to search for a string called "end" at the end of the files (last line or last 5 lines) and echo each file to say "incomplete" if not found. This is what I have so far. ---... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonhawaii
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)