Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script help Post 302190410 by fabtagon on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 03:11:13 PM
Old 04-29-2008
Is there some date+time in the line with "rollback failed"?

Write the date+time of the last detected and sent error to a file like /var/lib/myscripts/alertscript.last. In every later run the script can compare, whether it's found new or older, known errors.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
NEWS(1) 							   USER COMMANDS							   NEWS(1)

NAME
news - display system news SYNOPSIS
news [-adDeflnpvxs] [[article1] [article2] ..] DESCRIPTION
The news command keeps you informed of news concerning the system. Each news item is contained in a separate file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Anyone having write permission to this directory can create a news file. If you run the news command without any flags, it displays every unread file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Each file is preceded by an appropriate header. To avoid reporting old news, the news command stores a currency time. The news command con- siders your currency time to be the date the $HOME/.news_time file was last modified. Each time you read the news, the modification time of this file changes to that of the reading. Only news item files posted after this time are considered unread. OPTIONS
-a, --all Display all news, also the already read news. -d, --datestamp Add a date stamp to each article name printed. this can only be used with the -nl flags. -D, --datefmt <fmt> Specify a date format, see the strftime(3) man page for more details. the default format is (%b %d %Y) -f, --newsdir <dir> Read news from an alternate newsdir. -l, --oneperline One article name per line. -n, --names Only show the names of news articles. -p, --page Pipe articles through $PAGER or more(1) if the $PAGER environment variable is not set. -s, --articles Reports the number of news articles. MAINTAINER OPTIONS
-e, --expire # Expire news older than # days. -x, --exclude a,b,c A comma separated list of articles which may not be expired. if a file named .noexpire exists in the /var/lib/sysnews direcory, filenames are read from it also. names in this file may be comma separated, and/or one per line. AUTHOR
Charles, <int@link.xs4all.nl> Linux 18 January 1995 NEWS(1)