Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with Cron Email Notification Post 302190372 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 12:02:20 PM
Old 04-29-2008
Don't double-post - it's against the Rules
Thread closed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Email Problem

I have two different cron jobs that run on the same days. The jobs are 7 hours apart. Both jobs are set to send notification emails when they start running. Both jobs always run successfully, but I only receive an email from the first job. I never get the email from the second job. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
0 Replies

3. AIX

Cron Job notification email

Hi, I'm fairly new to Aix and am looking for some help on the following. I have setup a cron job under root and want it to send the email once it's run to an external email address. I can get it to send the output in an email to me by using mail on the end of the crontab entry. But I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notification of cron failing

I have just found out that a cron i set up to run everyday has not been running. It turns out there was a problem with the box??? How can i get a notification if it does absolutely nothing i.e. an email to say cron not working today?? any help I'm using KSH Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Email notification script

Hello All, 1) I am trying to understand the shell script written already, below is the code in this code i am seeing a variable $EMAIL_ID which was not defined in entire script, neither it is passed as a parameter while executing shell script nor it is defined in .profile, could you please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification

hi guys I hope this goes here Have someone used Linux heartbeat to send email when the Slave server becomes the Master? I've read I can configure the MailTo under /etc/ha.d/resource.d but I really don't know how to do it. I basically need my primary server to send an email when it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email engine cron problem.

We have an email engine in our corporation which is installed in Solaris based machine. It is currently facing delays in transactions. So a temporary work around was deployed that is a cronjob was made for restarting email engine every hour. We tested in lab system and it worked pretty okay but in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
10 Replies

8. AIX

Sending an email notification when syslog goes down

Hi All of a sudden the syslog daemon in the server went down and then later I started it manually # ps -ef | grep syslogd root 217228 114906 0 Nov 16 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd root 430306 290870 0 14:18:11 pts/0 0:00 grep syslogd Can some one help me with a script which will monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notification

Hi All, I need write a linux script which emails each record to the employee manager email-id which will be specified inside the file. Each employee can have a different manager too.. file contain 200 to 300 records Employee ID, Employee Name, Employee Email-ID, Manager, Manager... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email notification error on Solaris

Hi, I am getting error below when testing email. is there a way I can configure email on Solaris? SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise echo "hello" | sendmail -v abcd WARNING: local host name (-s) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? abcd... Connecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)