Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers transforming small javascript into perl Post 302190332 by cbkihong on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 10:32:57 AM
Old 04-29-2008
Why do you think Javascript can be rewritten into Perl? Javascript is executed by the client side (browser) while Perl code is executed at the server side. You can use Perl to generate Javascript (because that is just text) on the server side, but that is not using Perl to replace Javascript because they serve totally different purposes.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required In Transforming A File

How will i convert a file <LREC><L:EPOCH>1198331268.553</L:EPOCH><LDATE>10-12-07</LDATE><L:SERVER>NONE</L:SERVER><L:PORT>NONE</L:PORT><LTIME>13:47:48.553</LTIME><LTEXT>dnvdmxk</LTEXT></LREC>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

onChange + javascript in perl CGI - question

Hello all, Am trying to include a onChange java script to my perl CGI application which uses POST method to upload files to file_server This is how I embedded javascript in the perl code that renders CGI application print qq| <script type="text/javascript" src="display.js"> </script>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transforming records

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53" and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Transforming psmf to ogv

Hi all. I would like to create a program that converts psmf file format (PSMF - MultimediaWiki) to ogv (Ogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I know C++ and I worked with BMPs (so I can understand a simple file system like the BMP header is) but I didn't touch any kind of sound/video file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilezek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in Perl Object Oriented

i am new to Perl CGI Object oriented. I want to use some java script in my Perl CGI but i am not able to do that. I am using Submit button then via param() i am getting all field parameters. But i want to validate all fields first then i want to move. But Use of Java script, i don't know (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call perl web service from javascript?

Hi, I would like to call the below perl web service from javascript .Any help would be appreciated.I am new to web services.Please do the needful. Server Program(Perl Web Service) #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib'; use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use Demo;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
3 Replies

7. Programming

Transforming data to other format

Dear All I would like to transform data from one format to another format. my Input: 0 0 1 0 1 0.308 0 2 0.554 0 3 0.287 output: Z (0,0)= 1 Z (0,1)=0.308 Z (0,2)=0.554 Z (0,3)=0.287 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transforming data so it looks like the one you specified

Lets say for instance I have this data within a file named transform xxx#yyy@zzz and I want it to be in the format ofZZZ xxx-yyy How do I go about doing this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l3monz
3 Replies
JavaScript::Beautifier(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       JavaScript::Beautifier(3pm)

NAME
JavaScript::Beautifier - Beautify Javascript (beautifier for javascript) SYNOPSIS
use JavaScript::Beautifier qw/js_beautify/; my $pretty_js = js_beautify( $js_source_code, { indent_size => 4, indent_character => ' ', } ); DESCRIPTION
This module is mostly a Perl-rewrite of <http://github.com/einars/js-beautify/tree/master/beautify.js> You can check it through <http://jsbeautifier.org/> FUNCTIONS
js_beautify( $js_source_code, $opts ); beautify javascript. options indent_size indent_character if you prefer Tab than Space, try: { indent_size => 1, indent_character => " ", } preserve_newlines default is 1 my $in = "var a=dont_preserve_newlines"; my $out = "var a = dont_preserve_newlines"; my $js = js_beautify( $in, { preserve_newlines => 0 } ); # $out eq $js $in = "var a=do_preserve_newlines"; $out = "var a = do_preserve_newlines"; $js = js_beautify( $in, { preserve_newlines => 1 } ); # $out eq $js space_after_anon_function default is 0 AUTHOR
Fayland Lam, "<fayland at gmail.com>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008 Fayland Lam, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-30 JavaScript::Beautifier(3pm)