Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with scrpit
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with scrpit Post 302190282 by Cameron on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 09:00:22 AM
Old 04-29-2008
Neat trick Klashxx. Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using subsitiution in shell scrpit

I have a very (or so I thought) simple script I want to execute. The output should be 1 line of text from a web page called by lynx. #!/bin/bash cat urlList.txt while read line; do #echo $line output="$(lynx -dump -accept_all_cookies $line | sed -n '2p')" echo "$output" done I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roninuta
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error when executing shell scrpit

Guys, when i am executing the following script I am getting following error. -bash: test.sh: command not found $ test.sh -- script name #! /bin/bash echo " Job started........" CURRENTDIR=`pwd` exit 0 thanks Please view this link: How to use ... tags (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
2 Replies
SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-fixperm - GNU shtool file permission fixing command SYNOPSIS
shtool fixperm [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] path [path ...] DESCRIPTION
shtool fixperm fixes file permissions inside a source tree under path by cleaning up the permission bits. It determines the cleaned up permission from the already set bits. It is intended to be run before a tarball is rolled (usually with shtool tarball) out of a source tree. The trick is that this is more convenient than having to set the permissions manually or by using a large file list. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. EXAMPLE
# Makefile.in dist: shtool fixperm -v * ... HISTORY
The GNU shtool fixperm command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1996 for OSSP eperl. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), chmod(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)